Wireless ICS

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to these forums. Hadn't come across this site before but it looks useful, and friendly, so consider yourselves bookmarked :)

I have a PC running XP Home SP2 and an XBox 360. (I know this isn't an XBox forum - I think you can treat my query in the same way as if I had two PCs, so don't worry!) I want to share my PC's broadband cable internet connection with the XBox. I considered a wireless router, but am opting for Internet Connection Sharing instead because that way I can share media between Xbox and PC.

Is there a hardware solution which would enable me to wirelessly share my internet connection from PC to Xbox? All I need is a straightforward ethernet cable if I was doing it with wires. What's the wireless alternative? PC and Xbox are too far apart to consider trailing wires.

Hope you guys can help.

Matt

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i think you can use just about any wireless router although i'm not 100% sure on that, someone on here may have experience with this

Reaction score
i've got a mate who wanted the same thing. if you don't want your router to be next to your xbox then your best bet is to buy two pieces of kit. a wireless router and a wireless bridge. connected the wireless router to you PC as you normally would then connect the xbox the the bridge. so the bridge and the router do the wireless and as far as your xbox is concerned it's hardwired to the network.

J

Ask a Question