Wireless digital speakers

Reaction score
I hear that Logitech have just released some of these...anyone heard or seen much about them?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Putting the rear speaker in front can really mess up the sound, if you do not have any place for rear or for any reason you cannot accomodate them it is best to switch to 2 channel surround which will give you a better illusion, just try it and see.

As a rule of thumb I tell people that it is far better to have a good two channel system than having a mediocre surround sound system.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, I've got it operating in 2 channel at the moment so as not to get the surround sound going mad :) I wish I could use the speakers properly but there just isn't room to set them up properly for now.

Reaction score
I've always stuck with good quality 2.1 as I don't have the right setup for more satellites. Nice to know that I'm doing the right thing! Wireless would be a major benefit though.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
1nteger said:
I've always stuck with good quality 2.1 as I don't have the right setup for more satellites. Nice to know that I'm doing the right thing! Wireless would be a major benefit though.

Did anybody ever tell you that you were a sensible kid already? :D

As for Wireless here is my take

Ultimate Convenience -> YES:thumb:

Ultimate Sound Quality -> NO :rolleyes:

(not that it will not produce sound, but wireless speakers and headphones do not have the same finesse as wired ones)

:)

Reaction score
I was just thinking about the wireless thing, seems like it could save me a lot of hassle, though from what I investigated, there tends to be a lag so not really "perfect" for gamming. But for music it seems like they might work, but then no point as surround sound is best for games and movies. Also they are batterie powered, though I cannot see the specs of these logitech speakers, the ones I saw ran on 4 'D' batteries.

What I have done, and may do again was actually run my wires around my room using the edge of the carpeting to hide the wires, the rear speakers were on top of dressers so when I got around far enough I used a horse shoe nail to tack the wire down at that point and then run to to the top of the dresser and terminate then there. So no wires in view, just a lot of work.

Reaction score
im getting a 5.1 speaker set soon :D ...

wont be cordless though... no need may aswell get a no lag set like raje said for cheaper and hide the wires ... hard work maybe but save your self some £££ why not :D

Ask a Question