Windows XP WinXP Pro Private Folder problem

Reaction score
Hi every1

Here is my problem and im sure somebody will help me (please)...

I have installed my WinXP Pro and I defined some "Private Folder" on other partitions to prevent access for other accounts... Everything worked fine untill I preinstall WinXP Pro for some reasons.... After that I can not access to OLD Private Folders.... Yes I loged as Administrator, and pasword is the same as before.

Please Help me!!!!!!!!
Thank you

:crazy:

Reaction score
I have the same problem please help. I've tried the same password and username as it had been as admin before the re-install but it still does not work.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Was this a re-install straight over the top of windows, or a fresh install on another drive to the folders?

M2V

Reaction score
Hi,
I too have the same problem.
I did a clean install and cant access the private folders on my other partition. :( ( both partions are NTFS )

I am logged in as an admin and yet i still get "access denied" when i try to open the folders... most annoying.

I would be most grateful to anyone who can help.

M2V

Reaction score
Hi again,
after a bit of digging I've found out that if you cant access a private folder you need to reclaim ownership of the file/folder. how you do this is explained Here :D

hope this works for you aswell.. I nearly lost access to 60GB :eek:

Ask a Question