Winodws XP Internet Explorer Malfunction

Confused and needing help

I recently had a virus that I caught through Facebook. I downloaded AVG
Spware and the AVG said that the Trojan Virus was quarantied(sp).

Internet Explorer opens and I can only open my secure Digital Cerificate Web
Site for work and I can't access any other Web sites, favorites or if I type
in a Web Address.

I am sending this from my PC. It is a Laptop that is having the problem. I
can't access any Web Addresses other than my work one from my laptop.

What can I do to remedy this situation? Any help would be appreciated

Jim

I recently had a virus that I caught through Facebook. I downloaded AVG
Spware and the AVG said that the Trojan Virus was quarantied(sp).

Internet Explorer opens and I can only open my secure Digital Cerificate Web
Site for work and I can't access any other Web sites, favorites or if I type
in a Web Address.

I am sending this from my PC. It is a Laptop that is having the problem. I
can't access any Web Addresses other than my work one from my laptop.

What can I do to remedy this situation? Any help would be appreciated

D/l and run http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php free
trial version
http://www.superantispyware.com/ free version

Elmo

Confused said:
I recently had a virus that I caught through Facebook. I downloaded AVG
Spware and the AVG said that the Trojan Virus was quarantined.

Internet Explorer opens and I can only open my secure Digital Certificate Web
Site for work and I can't access any other Web sites, favorites or if I type
in a Web Address.

I am sending this from my PC. It is a Laptop that is having the problem. I
can't access any Web Addresses other than my work one from my laptop.

What can I do to remedy this situation? Any help would be appreciated

Here are a few things to try:

Open Internet Options, Connections tab, click "Lan Settings" button,
deselect all.

Flush DNS

Click Start, Run, type CMD and click the [OK] button. Type each of the
following:

IPConfig /FlushDNS [Press Enter key]
ipconfig /release [Press Enter key]
ipconfig /renew [Press Enter key]
ipconfig /registerdns [Press Enter key]

NETSH

Click Start, Run, type CMD and click the [OK] button. Type the following:

netsh winsock reset

Press Enter key

Restart the system

You can also try this software download from a working machine:

LSP-Fix
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

TompangBuddy.Com

Hello,

Try running IE with add-ons disabled

*** If you are running IE6: ***
Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > UNCHECK "Enable
third-party browser extensions" > OK

Run IE6 now.

If it works now, one of your add-ons is causing the problem. Start Internet
Explorer as normal, Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Disable all the add-ons. Enable third-party browser extensions in Internet
Options.

Restart your browser and enable the add-ons one by one till the problem
appears and you get the culprit.

*** If you are running IE7 ***
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
Internet Explorer 7 (No Add-ons) to start without any add-ons. Try using the
browser and see if the same problem arises.

If the problem does not occur again, start IE7 normally, go to Tools >
Manage Add-ons and disable all the add-ons. Enable each add-on one at each
time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again after
enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

(if the menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard)

--
http://www.tompangbuddy.com
Share Cab, Carpool and Save Earth in Singapore
news:[email protected]...