WINDOWS VISTA MAIL TOO SLOW

PECHE RICE

From: "PECHE RICE" <[email protected]>
Subject: WINDOWS VISTA MAIL TOO SLOW
Date: sábado, 10 de marzo de 2007 06:03 p.m.

SIRS:

I IMPORTED FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS ALL MY ADDRESS BOOK THAT CONTAINS ABOUT
18,000 CONTACTS.-

WHEN WORKING WITH OUTLOOK, I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM TO: FIND CONTACTS, GROUP
THEM TO SEND MAILS TO ALL, ADD NEW ONES, ERASE THEM ETC, ALWAYS WITH A VERY
GOOD SPEED.-

NOW IN VISTA MAIL, TO FIND A CONTACT OR A GROUP OF CONTACTS, TAKES FROM 3 TO
4 MINUTES, AND DURING THIS TIME ALL THE VISTA MAIL PROGRAM IS BLOCKED UNTIL
THE FINDING IS COMPLETED.-

SAME HAPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO OPEN ANY WINDOW LIKE Cc, CREATE MAIL, REPLY,
FORWARD ETC.-

WHY IS THIS HAPENNING IF I AM USING A NEW DELL XPS COMPUTER THAT WAS
HANDLING OUTLOOK EXPRESS PERFECTLY, BUT SLOWED DOWN WHEN AFTER INSTALLING
VISTA MAIL.-

NEED YOUR PROMPT HELP AS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK IN THIS CONDITION.-

JOSE LUIS RICE

DGuess

If it's slow opening Contacts, could be a problem in the file.

Export the contacts as a Comma Separarted Values text file then delete all
contacts.

Reboot and import the Comma Separated Values text file into Contacts.

Gary VanderMolen

You should notice a speed-up if you'll disable the auto-complete function:
Tools, Options, Send, uncheck "Automatically complete e-mail addresses
when composing."

Incidentally, please don't write in all capital letters. It is considered to
be 'shouting' in this type of forum, and many people find that rude.

Gary VanderMolen

I have the same problem , and none of these suggestions sped up windows mail.
If I could get it to work 1/2 as fast as xp I would be satisfied. It takes
one minute to open a replay or to send a forward or just a new message
window. Also I don't see Bcc in windows mail? Thanks

Gary VanderMolen

To see Bcc, in the message compose window, click View, All Headers.
That setting is sticky, meaning you'll never have to set it again.

Gary VanderMolen

Gary , thanks ,it was the easiest thing to do with mail., Now if I can speed
up the replay and new message windows.

Gary VanderMolen

Not sure why it is slow for you. It's fast for me, but I only have about 50
contacts.

Gary VanderMolen

melinda J