From: "=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBGZXJndXNvbg==?="
<[email protected]>
Subject: Windows Stop Error 0x00000BAD
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:41:04 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

We have a brand new Dell Optiplex GX270 machine running Winodws 2000 Pro
with SP4, with all of the critical updates and latest drivers applied. It
has been running fine for three weeks fresh out of the box and it keep blue
screening when Windows is up and running. We are running Symantec
Corporate Virus Protection 8.1 but nobody else is having this problem so we
have kind of ruled out the anti-virus software. The stop code is:

STOP: 0x00000BAD (0x857EB020, 0x857519E0, 0xC0000005, 0xB76578720)

No further dump code information is provided when the machine dumps. We
have swapped out hard drives, checked all cables, connected the client to a
new power surge protector, used different memory modules, but the machine
will continue to dump 2 to 3 times a day. Does anyone have any ideas on
what the stop code of 0x00000BAD means as we can't find any information.
Any help would be greatful.

Thanks,
Bill Ferguson (Dayton, OH)

Bill -

Are you running a netware client on the machine? The STOP: 0x00000BAD is
usually related to a particular version of NWFS.SYS. If you are running a
netware client, you can download an updated, SP1 copy at Dell's Website.
Please let me know if you require more assistance.

Thank you,

Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.

SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.asp?ID=135 an e-mail
alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
Bulletin's page available at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/
to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
keep you up-to-date.