windows resume loader?? What is it and what do i do?

Terri

my parents have a new laptop and have recently loaded McAfee onto it, It
shutdown and restared fine last night but I turned it on this afternoon and
its now telling me that windows resume loader : The last attempt to resume
the system from its previous location failed, its asking me to resume again
using 2 options which are

continue with system resume or
delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu.

Whcih do i choose and what do I do?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
The resume loader is what is used when returning from hibernation.
When the system boots up it checks whether the machine was hibernated or
not.
If it was hibernated, winresume.exe loads and attempts to mount the
hiberfil.sys file
Hiberfil.sys is what was stored in memory at the time the machine was
hibernated.
When WinResume attempts to load the hiberfil.sys, it fails( the
hiberfil.sys file could be corrupted)
So it's asking if you want to delete this hiberfil.sys and boot normally,
not to attempt to resume from hibernation.
This would lose any active data that was stored in this file and not stored
anywhere else.
For example an application that was open that had data in it that was not
saved anywhere else on the machine when the machine was hibernated.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]