Windows Mail

themanofsteel01

worked fine before. now all of the sudden I can't send e-mail. Getting error
notice.

themanofsteel01

Account: 'work', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR [SYS/PERM] pop not allowed for user.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Bruce Hagen

Check your settings with these.

To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

themanofsteel01 said:
worked fine before. now all of the sudden I can't send e-mail. Getting
error
notice.

themanofsteel01

Did they just make this change?

themanofsteel01 said:
worked fine before. now all of the sudden I can't send e-mail. Getting
error
notice.

.

Bruce Hagen

It's been some time now. I don't know much about Yahoo though. Maybe you
were grandfathered in for awhile if you already had an existing account?
Not sure.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

:

worked fine before. now all of the sudden I can't send e-mail.
Getting
error
notice.

.

Gary VanderMolen

Is your Yahoo account a free one, a paid one, or sponsored through
your ISP?

US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP
access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.
Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service, see:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview/
and use the special settings for that service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

You can also continue to use Yahoo's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com
If you need more help, just ask.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)