Windows Mail and Calender should be up and running on start/restar

I miss the old ways when I could place my *exe file in some startup folder to
get my programs started whenever I started or restarted my computer.
-Is it possible for me to get my windows mail and windows calender started
automatically so i don't miss my appointments. Any time I remember to check
my calender I have missed something already. I dont have a REMINDER until i
remember to run windows calender. HELP.
-Is there any way of placing a running program permanently on the screen
just like the clock in the systemtray.HELP me.

mikeyhsd

check under Windows Calendar Options for check box regarding appointment warnings.

(e-mail address removed)

I miss the old ways when I could place my *exe file in some startup folder to
get my programs started whenever I started or restarted my computer.
-Is it possible for me to get my windows mail and windows calender started
automatically so i don't miss my appointments. Any time I remember to check
my calender I have missed something already. I dont have a REMINDER until i
remember to run windows calender. HELP.
-Is there any way of placing a running program permanently on the screen
just like the clock in the systemtray.HELP me.

R. C. White [MVP]

Hi, Autostart.

I agree. I don't want to have to be reminded to run the reminder. :^{

To run a program every time Vista starts up, we can put the .exe file in the
Startup folder. There may be several Startup folders, one for each User,
plus the one for All Users. To see the contents of this folder for the
current user, click Start | All Programs | Startup. To see the one for All
Users, right-click that Startup folder and then Open All Users (or Explore
All Users).

For details, click Start | Help and Support, then type "autostart" into the
Search box.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Autostart Windows Mail and Calender" <Autostart Windows Mail and
news:[email protected]...

Julian

R. C. White said:
Hi, Autostart.

I agree. I don't want to have to be reminded to run the reminder. :^{

To run a program every time Vista starts up, we can put the .exe file in
the Startup folder.

Would a shortcut do?

There may be several Startup folders, one for each User,

R. C. White, MVP

Hi, Julian.

Yes, I suppose a shortcut or any other executable would do just as well as
an .exe file. But why bother with the shortcut? Why not just use the .exe?
Unless you need to run a .bat file to do more than just run the .exe.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Julian

R. C. White said:
Hi, Julian.

Yes, I suppose a shortcut or any other executable would do just as well as
an .exe file. But why bother with the shortcut? Why not just use the
.exe? Unless you need to run a .bat file to do more than just run the
.exe.

Hi, I was concerned, maybe unnecessarily but nonetheless, about copying
and or moving .exe's because I don't wan't duplicate files if I can help it
and also wasn't sure about maintenance implications of .exe's not being in
their home folders. I perceive having to remember to move a new version
of a .exe as one more opportunity to screw things up.

I don't know if that makes any sense to you but that was what going through
my mind. I'd be delighted to hear I've got the wrong end of the stick

Neil Harley

Hi, Julian.

Yes, I suppose a shortcut or any other executable would do just as well
as an .exe file. But why bother with the shortcut? Why not just use
the .exe? Unless you need to run a .bat file to do more than just run
the .exe.

RC

Are you seriously suggesting that moving .exe files into the Startup
folder rather than shortcuts is a good idea? What about updating the
applications? What about users not having the rights to move .exe files
about?

Dave

Moving the .exe file into the Startup folder doesn't make any sense.
Use a shortcut instead.

R. C. White, MVP

Hi, Julian.

You're right, of course. Leave the .exe where it is and put a shortcut into
Startup.

Thanks to you, and to Neil and Dave, for correcting this for me.

RC
--

R. C. White said:
Hi, Julian.

You're right, of course. Leave the .exe where it is and put a shortcut
into Startup.

Thanks to you, and to Neil and Dave, for correcting this for me.

Phew! You had me worried.

Cheers.

mikeyhsd

do not believe you need the shortcut in the startup.
there is an option to check to force this behavior within the calendar options.

(e-mail address removed)