    folder still will not unzip. I go back to properties and the unblock button
    is gone. I'm running XP Pro sp3

    How can i unzip?

    Steve S, May 26, 2009

  2. Steve S

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Could your security software be blocking the archive? Archives are a
    common vector for infection.
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, May 26, 2009

  3. Steve S

    Steve S Guest

    i can view and unzip other folders without a problem. i just try it on
    another machine with the same results. it may be the folder.

    Steve S, May 26, 2009
  4. Steve S

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Does "another machine" have the identical security setup as your machine?
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, May 26, 2009
  5. Steve S

    Steve S Guest

    No

    On that machine we also turned off all firewall and anti-virus programs,
    still couldn't extract files. The company that created the folder suggests
    using PK unzip, I'll download and try it.

    Steve S, May 26, 2009
  6. Steve S

    Steve S Guest

    using PK unzip corrected the problem. Was able to unzip the folder

    Steve S, May 26, 2009
  7. Steve S

    Twayne Guest

    Steve S wrote:
    > When i try to unzip a folder I got the message that the folder is
    > blocked to unzip the folder goto properties and unblock the folder,
    > which I did. The folder still will not unzip. I go back to
    > properties and the unblock button is gone. I'm running XP Pro sp3
    >
    > How can i unzip?

    If the ZIPs were created with someting other than XP's zipping ability,
    XP will not be able to unzip them. You'll need a 3rd party app such as
    winzip or 7zip or one of the many that exist. XP only knows about
    what's called "legacy" zip methods.

    HTH,

    Twayne`

    Twayne, May 28, 2009