Windows XP Windows folder - 13gig?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Screen capture ,

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

user.gif

Reaction score
Here's the screenshot, I hope this isn't too small.

I've included the reading of the Windows file which, as you can see, has grown in the space of 24 hours to 14.1g. It's covering a partof the list which is all wallpaper files.

I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if any of those folders shouldn't be there. I still can't identify a specific folder which is misreading.

Adodd, you're a tease..................

screenshot2july07lw7.png

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Hmmm, this is the sort of 'problem' best solved with the PC in front of me ... If you are using XP Pro, send me a "Request for Remote Assistance" and I'll take a look. You can't do that on XP Home.

I assume the HD is formatted to NTFS and not FAT32 ... NTFS will use 4kb cluster, so for a 1kb file, you will still use 4kb ... it is a lot better than FAT

1 megabyte = 0.0009765625 gigabyte ... I'll let you do the maths. ;)

You have 'enabled' show all files & folders ... just to "see" if any images from your video file conversions are not hiding.

All your $NtUninstallwmp files can be deleted ... they are the files MS makes when downloading updates so you can uninstall any updates if needed.

I take it you have checked the system for any nasties that may have gobbled up the space. :)

user.gif
In my add and remove programs I have a ****load of updates and hotkeys under XP. I installed SP2. Can I delete the updates/hotkeys. Thank You

Reaction score
Just swinging by to see if anyone had come up with anything.

The Windows file is showing as 14.6 gig now, and it's registering on the hd as that, though the individual files come to 4gig.

If anyone can think of any other forums which I culd try posting this to be I'd be made up!

Thanks all!

Paul

Ask a Question