Windows Explorer Address Bar

Thomas

Is there a way to have the Windows Explorer address bar display by default?

I am usings Windows XP, Home, SP2

Thanks.

Thomas
--

Three stages of truth for scientists:
(1) It's not true.

Peter Yang [MSFT]

Hello Thomas,

Based on my research, the Explorer bar settings are controled by the
following registry keys:

HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383}

HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Toolbar\Explorer\ITBarLayout

You may set the export the above key after setting Address Bar on, and they
use a logon script to import the registry keys when users logging on:

regedit /s <regfile name>

I suggest that you refer to the following article for more related
information"

322241.KB.EN-US HOW TO: Assign Scripts in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;322241

Regards,

Peter Yang
MCSE2000/2003, MCSA, MCDBA
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page: