Windows Embedded Sysprep Issue

D

Daniel Smith

Hi all, I've been searching around for a solution to this issue but the only answers I'm finding are "use fbreseal instead".

Ok, here's the problem. After using sysprep to prep the image for mass deployment, I run back through the mini setup. The mini setup throws an error attempting to change your computer's network identification just after asking for the computer name. Other than that setup completes and the machine restarts.

Upon restarting, the screen displays a blue screen with a mouse cursor in the middle (which I can control)
There is no task bar (explorer is installed as shell), Ctrl+alt+del does nothing (task manager component is installed).

The machine doesn't even attempt to log on (I have installed the auto logon component thinking it may get around the issue, but it does not)

The image works flawlessly before sysprep and also works after using fbreseal.

Herein lies the problem. Unless I use sysprep, Windows Deployment Services does not recognise the image. We also have a mass deployment scenario where we may need to install the embedded runtime onto 150+ devices.

Any help is appreciated,
Dan

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
IE 6.0 Delivers Enhancements and Challenges
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...43-c0233a164bcc/ie-60-delivers-enhanceme.aspx

J

JimGarrison

Daniel, any luck on this issue. I think I am having the same problem. My
image has a custom GINA and uses explorer as the Admin shell and a custom app
as the user shell. I get a white screen with the cursor and at the bottom the
whiter letters saying Windows Embedded Evaluation Copy. I was thinking it may
be the license key I am using. I use the one in the Embedded Standard box and
thought that would give me an eval period. I don't have a production license
yet to try.

I will try to capture a boot log and see where it stops loading.

J

JimGarrison

Tried to load in safe mode but it is blue screening and rebooting. No option
on the F8 menu for boot logging. I will have to start from scratch or from my
last working image. I need to turn off auto reboot on blue screen.

Ask a Question