Windows could not load the installer for SCSIAdapter

G

I get the message in the subject whenever I attempt any action with any SCSI controller. All help in correcting this problem will be greatly appreciated.

G

More information please

What Adapter
What happens
What prompts come up
Does it start to load a device and fail
Does it not detect the driver files?

G

I wrote "any adapter" because it doesn't matter what adapter

For example, I installed an Initio 9100U. It was installed correctly and using the BIOS interface I can see that it detects my SCSI devices correctly. At boot-up, XP detects the new card and then, BING! I get the error message. The New Hardware wizard cannot find a driver even though support for this card is included with XP. It does not find a driver even though I point it at the correct location on a CD. Using Recovery Console, I forced an install of the Initio driver, but when XP boots up, the New Hardware wizard comes up and gets the same installer error. IO cannot update the driver or even list properties. As I stated, ANY action with a SCSI card results in this error. I cannot even uninstall the device

This is not a hardware problem. Something is broken in my XP system but I cannot determine what it is. pnpscsi.inf and syssetup.dll are identical to the same files on two other XP boxes.

Thanks for any advice.

Ask a Question