Windows codecs installation needed

D

Donovan

One of the network techs @ my job deleted all of my
windows audio codecs from my machine to fix a problem and
we have not been able to reinstall the codecs that
plays .cda (CD)& .wav files. Please help. We have tried
reinstalling Media Player 9 and codecs for it and no dice.

Please help.

B

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
Subject: Windows codecs installation needed
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 06:44:43 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.multimedia

One of the network techs @ my job deleted all of my
windows audio codecs from my machine to fix a problem and
we have not been able to reinstall the codecs that
plays .cda (CD)& .wav files. Please help. We have tried
reinstalling Media Player 9 and codecs for it and no dice.

Please help.
---

Donovan,

If you are running Windows 2000 go to Control Panel, open Add New Hardware, when it comes up click Next, select
"Add/Troubleshoot a device" and then click Next again. Once it finishes looking for new Plug and Play devices we want
to select "Add new device" from the top of the list and click Next. On the next screen select "No, I want to select the
hardware from a list" and click Next. Under Hardware Types on the next screen select "Sound, video and game
controllers" and click Next. With "Standard system devices" selected under Manufacturer select "Audio Codecs" under
Models and then click Next. From here finish following the on screen instructions.

If you are running Windows XP go to Control Panel, open Add Hardware, when it comes up click Next, select "Yes, I have
already connected the hardware, and click Next again. Look to see if "Audio Codecs" is listed uner Installed Hardware. If it
is then select it and click Next. If it is not select "Add a new hardware device" and click Next. Select "Install the hardware
Ithat I manually select from a list (Advanced)" and then click Next. As with Windows 2000 above from here we want to select
"Sound, video and game controllers", click Next, select "Standard system devices" under Manufacturer and then select
"Audio Codecs" under Model. After clicking the Next button continue to follow the on screen instructions.

I hope this helps.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Ask a Question