Windows 2000 server talking to different DC

G

I have a Windows 2000 server at SP3 (ServerX) and this server is not a domain controller. In the A.D. infrastructure, there are multiple A.D. sites. All in all there are 12 sites where domain controllers are deployed geographically

Network monitoring traffic shows this one server (ServerX) has lots of chatter communication with domain controllers which are not part of ServerX A.D. site. I need to figure out why is this file and print server talking so much with other DC's not in its native A.D. site. This is creating a network bandwith issue and I need to resolve it

The traffice capture is catagorized as domain-udp and is on port 1665, 1670, 1675, 1680, 1686, 1691, 23xx

thank you.

G

Please ignore and discard the port numbers I mentioned in my original post. Those port numbers were provided to me by the network guys who performed the network traffic capture. Somehow, they gave me the wrong information.

CORRECT INFORMATION:
The traffic captured is catagorized as domain-udp and all communication to other domain controllers is on port 53. Sorry for the confusion. I hope this info will help in troubleshooting this issue.

thank you....

Ask a Question