    to buy XP Pro for the CPU?
    --
    Jay

    Guest, Dec 31, 2004

    Sooner Al Guest

    You can't use Remote Desktop to access/control a W2K machine unless it is a W2K/W2003 Server running
    Terminal Services. The W2K machine can only act
    as a RDP client and *NOT* as a RDP host.

    Look at using VNC to access/control the W2K machine from your other PC...

    http://www.tightvnc.com/

    If you want to access/control the W2K machine over the public internet I suggest UltraVNC with
    it encryption plug-in or use either TightVNC or UltraVNC through a VPN tunnel.

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    ....or upgrade to either W2K/W2003 Server or XP Pro...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al, Dec 31, 2004