    about the minimun RAM and ROM usage.

    Thanks!
    Martin

    MtheK, Apr 18, 2010

  2. There are too many variables to answer that. Even your own question has
    "small" and "a .NET CF application". What do either of those mean? A
    "small" build might include no UI at all, for example, and might run in a
    couple of MB of RAM. Or you might mean a build that 'only' includes Internet
    Explorer, Media Player, and half a dozen other Pro version components of
    Windows CE. "a .NET CF application" might use SQL CE and take 20MB of RAM,
    or might run without a UI and take 5MB.

    The only way to answer the question is to try it for your target build and
    your target application. I would guess that 32MB of flash and 32MB of RAM on
    an ARM processor would have most such situations. Of course, a DEBUG build
    of that same OS might require 64MB of flash...

    Paul T.

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Apr 19, 2010

  3. In my experience I wouldn't think that 32MB of RAM would be enough, given a
    typical image of about 15MB, especially if it's not using XIP. I like to ee
    64 minimum, and in some cases 128MB helps.

    -Chris

    Chris Tacke, MVP, Apr 20, 2010
  4. I guess it depends on whether the OS is running from RAM or flash. More RAM
    almost never hurts. I ran with 32MB of RAM and 32MB of flash for quite a
    while, in a smaller OS situation (10MB), where the OS was executing directly
    from flash.

    Paul T

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Apr 21, 2010