win2k, sp 4, dialog boxes won't appear

G

Hi
Very strange problem, when the server starts it throws a lot of messages that services failed to start, then when I go to the Event Viewer I can see a lot error lines in red but clicking on them won't open the dialog box with the description, when I am trying to close the Event viewer it says to "Close all the property pages before closing event Viewer", which means that the system thinks that the property pages are open but I can not see them. Also property pages for Hardware Components or Services also can not be displayed. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? I have reinstalled win2k but it didn't help, the same thing happens

Thank yo

Vadi

R

Roberto n

Vadim said:
Hi,
Very strange problem, when the server starts it throws a lot of messages that services failed to start, then when I go to the Event Viewer I can see a lot error lines in red but clicking on them won't open the dialog box with the description, when I am trying to close the Event viewer it says to "Close all the property pages before closing event Viewer", which means that the system thinks that the property pages are open but I can not see them. Also property pages for Hardware Components or Services also can not be displayed. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? I have reinstalled win2k but it didn't help, the same thing happens.

Thank you

Vadim
Hello Vadim,

I had that strange problem,too. No dialog box appeared and other system
features were disabled, such as "Cut and Paste" options. I Ran the
Antivirus scan on the system and it found a worm, W32/Msblast.A, in the
file c:/winnt/system32/msblast.exe. The file was removed, the machine
rebooted and the problems disappeared.

Ask a Question