Win XP Pro licence

G

On my new notebook pc, The Windows Licence label on the bottom says "Windows XP Professional 1-2 CPU" Does this mean that This copy of Win XP Pro can be installed on a second PC, or that it can be used on a PC that has 2 CPUs?

C

CS

On my new notebook pc, The Windows Licence label on the bottom says "Windows XP Professional 1-2 CPU" Does this mean that This copy of Win XP Pro can be installed on a second PC, or that it can be used on a PC that has 2 CPUs?

Installed on a PC with two CPUs. However, you may wish to go to the
following site and read what he has to say about the subject:

www.microscum.com

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please take a moment to read your Windows XP License Agreement.

To access the License Agreement on your XP computer, go to:

Start > Run and type: WINVER , and hit enter.

Then click on "End-User License Agreement".

You can also open XP's "Help and Support" and type: EULA
and hit enter. Click on "Questions and answers about the EULA".

The http://www.microscum.bogus.com/ site is about as fraudulent as the author.
Don't pay any attention to it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| On my new notebook pc, The Windows Licence label on the bottom says "Windows XP Professional 1-2 CPU" Does
this mean that This copy of Win XP Pro can be installed on a second PC, or that it can be used on a PC that
has 2 CPUs?

A

Alex Nichol

Jack1969 said:

A single PC that has one or two CPU chips. They may be the new
hyperthreaded Intel Pentium 4 ones, giving two or four 'virtual; CPUs

Ask a Question