Windows XP win xp installation

Reaction score
When running win xp setup, it can not find any hard drive installed in my computer. It asks to press F3 to exit setup.
PS: Same copy of win xp was installed , i am just trying to format the computer.

Reaction score
You need to change the interface to IDE in the BIOS at start up.

BIOS is entered by pressing the "Delete" key while the BIOS header screen is displayed.

Once in the BIOS go to Intergrated Peripherals, then make sure that IDE mode is enabled as the interface. This should allow you to now reinstall Windows.

The reason you cant install windows at the moment is quite likley due to the computer looking for the SATA drivers whilst running the setup process.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I followed your steps in the bios as advised, but i am still stuck with the same massage. I am afraid i did some wrong . Waiting for your reply.

Reaction score
kakkaw said:
Thanks for your reply, I followed your steps in the bios as advised, but i am still stuck with the same massage. I am afraid i did some wrong . Waiting for your reply.

What are your PC specs?

Edit - change the BIOS settings back to what they were, then make sure that the CD Drive is first boot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been a while since i bought my pc, and since i can't log in to find out the specs, i'll try to run my memory a little faster. I believe it's

1- 2 gb ram
2- 256 graphics card
3- 120 gb hard drive
4- win xp os

I hope this help

Reaction score
HDD not detected while Xp installation

Hi kakkaw, :user:

Well try this a option.

BIOS is entered by pressing the "Delete" key while the BIOS header screen is displayed.

Check your bios, make sure your sata controller is set to ATA, not AHCI. Otherwise the computer wont see the drive when trying to install XP in some cases.

Regards
Chris

Please reply at your convenince. :thumb:

Reaction score
Hi chris:

In the drive config, it's set to ATA, and there is nothing referring to AHCI
and it tells me that SATA is not detected, i am just lost in between these technical words. I wish i could know how to print the bios screen and paste it
here.

Reaction score
Good Day,

The other way maybe you can try to check your bios see whether got any security option that is lock your hard drive? If not maybe you use the latest windows xp installation to try format your PC, cause maybe your windows xp installation disc is not come with SATA driver.

Hope this help.

Reaction score
Problem solved

Guys, you will not believe this " problem solved"

I just opened the case and unplug every thing inside it's guts, clean it with vacuum, and reinstall every thing back including the little battery on the mb.
It works, every thing came to normal, i didn't have even to do a format.
I checked the bios i believe it went back to factory sittings. I really do appreciate your kind support. Thank you all. :wave:

Ask a Question