why I get scrambled Arabic text when I print using a dot matrix

print using a dot matrix

I am printing a report with arabix text .. when I use a laser printer I got
it Ok but using a dot matrix printer I get scrambled arabic letters

a a r o n _ k e m p f

Access probably got corrupted.

If your database randomly spews junk text-- it's corrupted.. time to
move to SQL Server

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

"print using a dot matrix" <print using a dot
I am printing a report with arabix text .. when I use a laser printer I got
it Ok but using a dot matrix printer I get scrambled arabic letters

Most printers have some sort of printer control language which the print
driver uses. Arabic characters generally require the use of Unicode, which
Windows understands, but the dot matrix printer may not. Try a generic text
print driver, and if that doesn't work, you will need to contact the
manufacturer of the printer to see if he has a suitable driver.

Tony Toews [MVP]

print using a dot matrix <print using a dot
I am printing a report with arabix text .. when I use a laser printer I got
it Ok but using a dot matrix printer I get scrambled arabic letters

Also frequently dot matrix printers have a DIP switch setting
emulating different printers such as IBM or others. This DIP switch
setting may not match the printer driver currently being used.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.