Why does Microsoft have the right to generate security on my syste

Robert Moir

Bruce Chambers said:
Of course you do. you just have to send 10 or 15 minutes reading you Help
files.

Yet you're the one claim a process that is almost unimaginably simple is
impossible. Who's the idiot?

I'm kinda inclined to agree with your assessment of the poster as an idiot,
but I'm not sure that having to spend 10 or 15 minutes reading a help file
on a subject means it is "unimaginably simple".

Iuvenalis

Grady said:
Take a look at restriced sites in Vista, try to change that level.
Try sending a FTP in vista.

I've never changed the restricted sites so cannot comment there.
But I use the built in FTP to upload the odd large file to my webspace all
the time. I don't need to install a 3rd party product, I use the FTP app
within a CMD window to do what I do. Works flawlessly here.

Iuvenalis

Tiberius said:
I am accusing only vista for being crap,
and its blind followers who are "vistaboys" of being stupid.
This is the truth, and im just saying it, and some dont like to hear it.

I have no personal problem with anyone...they could be great people...
but you cant be that smart if you actually like vista.
Its not my fault if you cant understand this simple truth.

Even with frank, I have no personal grudge with him,
he is just incredibly stupid and annoying...

I don't understand why you even care about which operating system people
choose to use on their computers? Does it bother you which brand & model of
cellphone other choose, or model of TV...I don't understand?

I bought a new laptop. it came with Vista & apart from Nero which I had to
upgrade, all of my existing software works fine.
I have no issues with Vista whatsoever.

So, I am not a "fanboy", just someone who uses Vista as that's what happens
to have been installed on the laptop I chose.

Iuvenalis

Doris Day - MFB said:
This reply is not coming from Outhouse Express, hence not top posted ...

Microsoft sells toy operating systems designed for users who don't know
how
to control their own computers. If you want to control your computer,
you'll need to move to GNU/Linux. Then you'll have control, but you'll
need
to understand a bit more about about how a computer works than simply
clicking through wizards.

I don't necessarily agree with your comment that Vista is a toy os, but what
is wrong with using wizards & making things easier to use?

My elderly parents use XP on their computer & they are able to follow the
simple instructions on their screen to fix a problem. I see nothing wrong
with this. They are also able to install & use software properly, so no
complaints there.
A lot of people don't need or desire to know the ins & outs of their
computer operating system, anymore that I care to know exactly how my TV
works. I just push a button & get a picture.

Mark R. Cusumano

that Tiberius is a roman loser an idiot....
I took my name from James Tiberius Kirk who was a hero in every
sence.Intelligent, optimistic, never gives up, curious, strong, and many
other traits
Who of course took his name from the roman. But then again, we all know
Pickard was the better Captain and Janeway was the hottest :)

ray

ray wrote:

Want some "light", then use Vista and come out of the dark.
Frank

I know enough about vista - still interested to find out about 'urbuttoo'
and 'lemux'.

KristleBawl

Or, instead of blaming MS, just remove all the resticted sites from the
list, like I did, and don't run Spybot S&D's Immunize option, which adds
thousands of restricted sites to the list.

KB

"Grady" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Charlie Tame

Grady said:
Based on the lack of spelling and the smirk I have to guess that you are
clueless.
Thank you for the input

Frank is living proof that idiocy is not confined to any one software
manufacturer :)

Adam Albright

Stalking again, so predictable of you.
As is your meaningless comment.
Or perhaps you simply did not read the posts.

You are nothing but a pompous ass that can't control his temper.
Long past the time somebody told you are how other people see you.

john

ray said:
I know enough about vista - still interested to find out about 'urbuttoo'
and 'lemux'.

that's just another one of Frank's lame third grade level attempts to appear
"cute".
I think he believes this bother some people.
as to why he feels the need to do this, who knows...

probably some baggage from a dark time in his past, on a playground
somewhere.

--
=======================================
from:Re: Am I the only one who likes Vista?

Tiberius said:
say what you like...

I don't care.. the people who are true will see great rewards in life

I guess that will not include you... you are locked into your beliefs so
much.. I find it difficult if not impossible for you to change.

Take a look in the mirror
You are what you claims other to be.

Doris Day - MFB

Iuvenalis said:
I don't necessarily agree with your comment that Vista is a toy os, but
what is wrong with using wizards & making things easier to use?
Nothing wrong with wizards. But the topic was the ability of one to control
ones computer. Wizards allow you do do what the wizard writer has
programmed and no more. It isolates the user from the underlying structure
of the computer and the OS. Vista isolates the user more than any other
Windows OS ever, forcing the user to do it the way Microsoft wants you to
do it. Vista is known to be very limited in its ability to be customized
for example.

Again, wizards are fine, but if you want REAL control of your PC, you'll
have to look elsewhere and GNU/Linux gives one unlimited control, at the
cost of having to understand ones computer and how it works.

Love and Kisses,
Doris
A lot of people don't need or desire to know the ins & outs of their
computer operating system, anymore that I care to know exactly how my TV
works. I just push a button & get a picture.

Then a more sophisticated and controllable system is not for them. But that
wasn't the topic of this original thread.

--
My Microsoft Hero (he loves this company!) ... http://tinyurl.com/yp9cn2
This post is like Wintard Flypaper ... catches them all.

Frank

Doris said:
Nothing wrong with wizards. But the topic was the ability of one to control
ones computer. Wizards allow you do do what the wizard writer has
programmed and no more. It isolates the user from the underlying structure
of the computer and the OS. Vista isolates the user more than any other
Windows OS ever, forcing the user to do it the way Microsoft wants you to
do it. Vista is known to be very limited in its ability to be customized
for example.

Bullsh*t lies! You don't have Vista and you don't know what you're
talking about.
Again, wizards are fine, but if you want REAL control of your PC, you'll
have to look elsewhere and GNU/Linux gives one unlimited control, at the
cost of having to understand ones computer and how it works.

Great...then I suggest you get your inflated as* over to the linux ng's
and help all of those 'lost" souls find their way.
Cause most of them are really lost!
(snort)
Frank

Adam Albright

Bullsh*t lies! You don't have Vista and you don't know what you're
talking about.

Frank, you HAVE Vista and you don't have a clue what you talking
about. That makes you the idiot.

caver1

Frank said:
Oh really! Ever read a rental agreement.
Obviously not.
Frank

Rental agreements and many lease agreements turn into month to month
endlessly unless the two parties renegotiate a new term.

Bill

* ray:

IMO, PCLinuxOS is better than Ubuntu. Really. So much noise is made
about Ubuntu, but PCLinuxOS is the one to watch out for in the future.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/
http://www.howtoforge.com/the_perfect_desktop_pclinuxos_2007

-Michael

I have used Pclinuxos since last August. I just updated recently to the
2007 version. It pretty well works out of the box with flash and java
preinstalled. The control center contains all the configuration wizards,
etc. It was very easy to install Vmware, since I also use Windows XP in
a virtual machine. I have tried Ubuntu, but I hate using sudo and I was
having problems installing programs.