Why do you feel the need for Vista

I will step out on a limb here, because I intend to get both Vista Ultimate
and Office 2007.
Vista seems faster than XP, the UI is nicer, The tools built into Vista are
more visually and user friendly. Contrary to what Regressive Realization will
say, I like the look and feel of IE7.
All the XP programs I have tried, that are compatible, seem to work faster,
and just as, if not more stable under Vista.

See, I see a lot of people in here complaining about how bad Vista is, and
how many problems they are having. Everyone is so quick to blame Vista for
their issues, but look at it like this.
I have been using vista since RC1. Sure, I had a few problems, and a couple
bugs. Now I am using RC2, and have very VERY few issues. And those which I
have had, I have found the solution to. I have also found that 80% of the
bugs that I have seen weren't Vista, but my hardware, or software. It is too
easy to blame Vista for an issue.
If you are having major issues, you may want to check out your system,
instead of just Vista. And don't get all angry and blast the program in here
because you can't get your stuff to work. Ask for help. And we will do what
we can.
But remember, many of us have had almost no issues with the program. Which
would lead me to believe that a lot of these issues that people are blaiming
on Vista aren't really Vista.

Personally, Vista rocks my socks off.
But the choice is yours.

JewelsH,
I don't blame you or them. Since using Vista, I tried re-loading XP on my
computer, and it lasted about 4 days before I had to go back to Vista. After
you get used to it, Vista is the most awesome operating system I have ever
usesd.
It rocks out over XP in my view.

progressive realization

Ohhh... THAT one is good.....

I thought you ment the search for files in windows....

just when I thought the search in xp couldnt be worse.......vista came
along!

skon

Kerry Brown said:
I'm talking about the Start Search box in the Start menu. What don't you
like about it? It is one of the most powerful desktop search tools I've
used, especially if you use meta tags. It uses far less resources than
similar tools like Google, Yahoo, Windows desktop search in XP and works
better.

I like the Start Search box to. Especially since you don't even need to use
the mouse to select it. You can just hit your windows key and start typeing
and whooosh!! there's the program you were looking for. Frankly I think the
next step would be to only have the search with no menu above it on the
start button.

Regards,
Skon

Kerry Brown

I thought that was what you were thinking of. I agree with you that search
is a downgrade from XP :)

Kerry Brown

Thinking back King's Quest was CGA. I think King's Quest IV was VGA.
Whichever one it was it was one of the first games to make use of VGA.

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User