Why do you feel the need for Vista

Alexander Suhovey

-----Original Message-----
From: skon [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Friday, October 27, 2006 9:42 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Conversation: Why do you feel the need for Vista
Subject: Re: Why do you feel the need for Vista

Nah..... not sharper. Me think just shinier! Me go back to
cave now and sleep.

<caveman mode on>
Yeah-yeah-yeah... Go sleep. Sleep well. Me guess yu not wake up. Cuz me
let you FEEL how sharp it is if you don't SEE it behind all the shiny
package hide it's wrapped in.
</caveman mode off>

Breaker

<caveman mode on>
Yeah-yeah-yeah... Go sleep. Sleep well. Me guess yu not wake up. Cuz me
let you FEEL how sharp it is if you don't SEE it behind all the shiny
package hide it's wrapped in.
</caveman mode off>

Geez...now all I can think about is those stupid Geico commercials.

RoadRunner said:
Hi ... I'm curious to know as to why you would feel the need to have Vista
when it becomes available ? Also whats so bad with the OS you have now ?

Because my customers will use it, and so I need to be familiar with it in
order to support it. There is nothing I need in Vista that isn't in XP (or
'98 come to that.) The new interface may look pretty but it's just a
distraction: it doesn't help me to work better or earn more money. The only
effect of Windows upgrades for me is to force me to buy new hardware to
accomplish the same job I could do a decade or more ago using far less
powerful computers.

David Wilkinson

skon said:
Regarding Open Office. I put it on freinds system without telling him,
changed the name on the shortcut for the word processer to Word and
changed the icon. (He is a writer and only uses his computer for MS
Word) He didn't even notice it for 3 weeks and he uses it every day. The
reason I did this was he was saying he wanted to upgrade to the newist
version of MS Office. I asked him why he would spend so much for
upgrades so often and he couldn't give a good reason. We talked a while
about Open Office and he thought he just couldn't learn another 'new'
program. He's a little stubborn that way and not real tech savvy. He has
me run scan disk and defrag etc on his system because he never can
remember where to find them. (He's still on Win98) So the next time I
did that for him I swapped Open Office for MS Office on him while he was
out working on his car.

After he figgered it out (3 weeks! I still have a hard time
understanding why he didn't notice it sooner?) and called me, he was not
to upset and has decided to keep on using it from now on. He figgures he
will keep getting there newer versions as they come out and will save
money insted of spending whatever it cost's now to upgrade MS Office
each time.

skon:

Next step: replace his Windows 98 with Linux. You think he'll notice that?

David Wilkinson

skon

The Powerpoint type app is terrible....it will crash if you use anything
complex like video or animations.
</snip>

That's one app in Open Office I have never used. I generaly only use the
word processer and the spread sheet. I wonder how the data base program is.
I realy don't ever have a need for one but if I'm going to recomend others
to use Open Office I probably should check out the other applications in it.
:-O

Regards,
Skon

skon

Posted At: Friday, October 27, 2006 9:42 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Conversation: Why do you feel the need for Vista

Nah..... not sharper. Me think just shinier! Me go back to
cave now and sleep.

<caveman mode on>
Yeah-yeah-yeah... Go sleep. Sleep well. Me guess yu not wake up. Cuz me
let you FEEL how sharp it is if you don't SEE it behind all the shiny
package hide it's wrapped in.
</caveman mode off>

Now I laugh to much and cant sleep. You bad cave man!

-Skon

skon

in message
Geez...now all I can think about is those stupid Geico commercials.

I keep hopeing they do one with both the gecko and the cave man. They could
have the cave man cooking the gecko on a stick over an open fire or
something....

-Skon

skon

David Wilkinson said:
skon:

Next step: replace his Windows 98 with Linux. You think he'll notice that?

David Wilkinson

I have not checked out any of the GUI's for Linux in about 3 years so I'm
not sure. But it's something I'm not sure I want to risk my life on!

This does raise a couple of questions on my part. Do the current GUI's for
Linux look and feel much more simular to Win9x now? And how are the comeing
along on running windows applications in Linux. I know that there was a few
differant projects out there that were getting some Windows applications to
run on Linux a couple of years ago but what point are they at now? If I can
run Photoshop, Truespace 7, Corel Draw and a few other applications in Linux
I'd say goodby to Windows today...

Regards,
Skon

BChat

in message
Geez...now all I can think about is those stupid Geico commercials.

I keep hopeing they do one with both the gecko and the cave man. They could
have the cave man cooking the gecko on a stick over an open fire or
something....

-Skon

That would make a real good screensaver for Vista.
Well, real good for the caveman, probably not so good for the Gecko.

BChat

William

Its so easy to use, even a Caveman....

:)

Posted At: Friday, October 27, 2006 9:42 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Conversation: Why do you feel the need for Vista

Nah..... not sharper. Me think just shinier! Me go back to
cave now and sleep.

<caveman mode on>
Yeah-yeah-yeah... Go sleep. Sleep well. Me guess yu not wake up. Cuz me
let you FEEL how sharp it is if you don't SEE it behind all the shiny
package hide it's wrapped in.
</caveman mode off>

Now I laugh to much and cant sleep. You bad cave man!

-Skon

progressive realization

you like the search....
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHh

please give me the power to not comment on this!!!!

No I can control myself...... even though it is VERY tempting to tell you
what I think about the....SEARCH!!!

I will press the send button before I..............

Kerry Brown

I'm talking about the Start Search box in the Start menu. What don't you
like about it? It is one of the most powerful desktop search tools I've
used, especially if you use meta tags. It uses far less resources than
similar tools like Google, Yahoo, Windows desktop search in XP and works
better.

Kerry Brown

Yes we were all much more productive with DOS, Word Perfect 5.1, Lotus 123,
and once VGA was available we could quit playing Zork and move on to King's
Quest.

Saucy

"Far fewer than" as "fewer" is a 'count'.
"Much less of" as "much" is an 'amount'.

Geesh, you'd think you'd know by now, eh wot?

Saucy

Try doing a spell check on you next post. You will probably be amazed at how
many are caught.

Eric Furness

in message

I keep hopeing they do one with both the gecko and the cave man. They could
have the cave man cooking the gecko on a stick over an open fire or
something....

-Skon

If cavemen were all gay like those two how did they procreate all
these millenia?
Eric

Chris

LOL !