Whos has the fastest computer now?

Reaction score
with my specs do u think it was safe for me to OC ...

intel pent 4 3.0ghz (now runnin 3.15)
Asus RadeonA9550 AGP 128mb
512 (2x256)DDR
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
200gb (80 + 120) HD dont know specs

Reaction score
Yes it should be if you've got good cooling,

I have mine running at 3.4-3.6GHz most of the time and mine is 3GHz stock.

Although i did have an overheat incident last night, which im looking into, twas playing Matrix Online and the motherboard started beeping and the whole pc rebooted and hung on POST.

I left it for 5minutes with the hotswap drives powered off and left the fans on full to cool the case down.

Bugger me if i know what happened.

Chris,

Reaction score
Sorry... i`vw been away for a bit. High memory useage after an overclock? Thats a new one on me!

Could you try putting your machine back to its original state and seeing what the memory useage is like, and how many programs are running in the background, then overclock it again and tell me what happens? :) Thanks

Also: Overclocking raises the temperature of the CPU, even if the voltage is the same. If the temperatures are high, its prob best to throttle back a bit. Whats the weather been like for u? The U.K. has had some sunny weather in the last few days, I`ve had to take some off my OC to keep my computer stable...

P.S... The menace: any computer is technically good for overclocking to some level... I buy low-mid range gear and overclock it to the speeds of things that are too expensive for me...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I dont get it at all ... im wondering if my memory has always been like this ... i jus changed it back to 3.0 ... as soon as i booted i checked and it was at 38% ... when u say background do u mean Ctrl+Alt+del , processes tab? or applications ... cuz its only firefox in the applications tab ...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
check the processes tab, acutally when you press crtl+alt+del , it will tell you how many processes you are running as well as you CPU usages
And CSUnited, getting a score of 8000+ is pretty average for a 6600GT

Reaction score
36 processes and cpu usage is 1% ... but is physical memory s'posed to be up at 43% ...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Im not sure if thats normal or not, were do you check the Memory usage?

Reaction score
This thread started as a question about system speeds, so as this is my first visit back to to my fav forum for some time (after a long illness) what better way to try and re-engage than post my rig spec. (I don't do benchmarks), but my current rig is:
Gigabyte nForce 3 250 Ultra mobo
Athlon 64 3500
2Gb (dimms) Corsair XMS3200 (DDR400) PT RAM (2,2,2,5)
Akasa Evo33 HSF + Akasa Amber super quiet 80mm fan
256Mb PNY GeForce6800GT Vid + Zalman VF700 CU cooler
WD 74GB Raptor HDDs
2 x WD 37GB Raptor HDDs
Lian Li V2000B Full Tower + 2x 120mm Akasa Amber 18dB fans
Antec True Blue 480W PSU

Currently upgrading to:
DFI Lan Party DR SLi nForce 4 mobo
Athlon 64 3800 (90nM as soon as available)
Dual PCi-E GeForce6800GT vids in SLi-mode
Additonal 74 GB Raptor for Striped RAID (0)
Mirrored RAID of existing 2x37GB raptors for temp backups
Customising HSF with twin ducts and intake/exhaust fans
Silverstone Zeus 650W PSU

[This means i may be selling some of my existing (and very recent) kit soon....anyone interested? Keep an eye on the trading thread]

I don't know how this will benchmark but i intend to push the new mobo as far as i can...anyone want to guess at what it might reach in latest 3D mark?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
1nteger said:
After a long illness this is my first visit back to to my fav forum for some time and what better way to try and re-engage than post my rig spec. (I don't do benchmarks), but my current rig is:
Gigabyte nForce 3 250 Ultra mobo
Athlon 64 3500
2Gb (dimms) Corsair XMS3200 (DDR400) PT RAM (2,2,2,5)
Akasa Evo33 HSF + Akasa Amber super quiet 80mm fan
256Mb PNY GeForce6800GT Vid + Zalman VF700 CU cooler
WD 74GB Raptor HDDs
2 x WD 37GB Raptor HDDs
Lian Li V2000B Full Tower + 2x 120mm Akasa Amber 18dB fans
Antec True Blue 480W PSU

Currently upgrading to:
DFI Lan Party DR SLi nForce 4 mobo
Athlon 64 3800 (90nM as soon as available)
Dual PCi-E GeForce6800GT vids in SLi-mode
Additonal 74 GB Raptor for Striped RAID (0)
Mirrored RAID of existing 2x37GB raptors for temp backups
Customising HSF with twin ducts and intake/exhaust fans
Silverstone Zeus 650W PSU

[This means i may be selling some of my existing (and very recent) kit soon....anyone interested? Keep an eye on the trading thread]

I don't know how this will benchmark but i intend to push the new mobo as far as i can

Welcome back 1nt - I hope all is better :D I think you'll have the most powerful kit on the forums with that PC! :thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Beats mine to the dirt :p
Wow, its been a while since you been here, welcome back!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Welcome back 1nt ... I think you'll have the most powerful kit on the forums with that PC! :thumb:

...er...none of it actually works... it just sounds good! ;)

Cheers Ian - nice to be back.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
1nteger said:
...er...none of it actually works... it just sounds good! ;)

Cheers Ian - nice to be back.

So your computer doesnt exist?

Reaction score
Alf said:
Beats mine to the dirt :p
Wow, its been a while since you been here, welcome back!

Thanks Alf...but when my upgrade's complete it'll probably blow up when I throw the on switch...I tend to spend more time on cable management than safety checks:D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
my computers a rather clean mish mash of cables. :D

Reaction score
Alf said:
Im not sure if thats normal or not, were do you check the Memory usage?
yeah it is normal ... on average windows uses about 130 mb of ram and ...actually i guess it still is kinda wrong ... i have 512 and 130 isnt really 43% ... i have this prgram that came with my MB "Asus Probe" it pretty much monitors everything like fan speed and heat and stuff ... i have a total of 523500K and i have 297060k free ... what happened to the other 200000k?

Reaction score
Personally i ignore Asus Probe, pain in the backside, i've used it many times and realised it gives misleading information.

I now rely on my Fan Controller to give me heat info, and ram, well i have a gig so there is plenty to go around.

BTW i have the same motherboard as you 'thamenace'

Ask a Question