Which pc should i choose?

Reaction score
Not so much of a review, more like a reccomendation

I am looking at buying a new pc and have shortlisted these two, although i do not know much about pc's your views would be greatly appreciated with any justification towards your choice.

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog...affixedcode=WW

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/sho...ProductID=4975

the pc would just be used for home computing, word processing and occasional gaming, what are your views on 32 or 64bit vista. i want a machine that will last around 3-5years with the possibility of upgrading

Many Thanks

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Out of those two the first is the better option. Why?

On the second choice its a Phenom 9500, its a flawed processor, they brought out replacements 9550 (new version has a 50 instead of 00 on end)

On the second choice 8400GT is old and crappo, 9500GT is wayyyy better, although it won't be great for well demanding games.

But for those prices i imagine the parts used are gonna be pretty cheap in either one.

Have a look on OCUK or Novatech, might be worth upping your budget to about £500 to get a well built PC that will last.

I use Vista HOme Premium 64 bit, no problems, but some members here who have upgraded to 64 bit are getting a few problems with compatability with parts they used on XP.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
With the advent of 64bit Vista, 32bit PCs are dead, or they should be. :nod:

If you, or anyone, is buying a today's PC then one should be looking at Vista 64bit & 4Mb ram as a minimum ... Do not get confused with XP 64bit & Vista 64bit. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
4Mb ? Hmmmm..... my 486DX2 had like 16Mb of EDO...... me thinks u did a typo :p

4Gb!!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
460k will be more than enough for anyone ... B Gates

:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
jamiehartle said:
Thanks for all your help i know which machine i am choosing

Well don't leave us hanging - which one? :D

I have 4Gb of memory on the machine where I'm running Vista 32 bit. It is beneficial.

Vista 64 Bit is fine as long as you consider that all your hardware must be the latest and also the majority of your software as well. And that includes games.

Reaction score
I thought id leave the air of uncertainty, im gona go for the triple core, 64bit vista with 4gb of ram. All of my hardware is relatively new and i have checked that drivers are available for the various devices.

Many thanks once again

Ask a Question