laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• lc.jpg
    lc.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 162
Reaction score
haha u jokers
very funny

Well I'm with Fedora right now because it's a Red Hat distro, in line with my career. :)

Trying to install Beryl or GNOME with a ****ty ATI 32 mb graphics card.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Something like this might help with your graphics problem.

attachment.php

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• lc4.jpg
    lc4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 176

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
psd99 said:
lol
how do I attach that to my pc then?

mmm

Hmm... maybe this'll give you ideas:

frustration.png

About that Ati card of yours: KDE and GNOME are "2D desktop environments" - no desktop cubes or other fancy 3D stuff. These work just dandy with the generic "ati" driver. Depending on your card, you may well be able to run "3D stuff" such as Google Earth with the generic driver. Been there, done that. The "funny part" in this is that if you install (and use) a 3D desktop such as Compiz (which I'd prefer over Beryl) with the "ati" driver, you DO get the "cute desktop stuff" but your 3D apps no longer work right.
If you want to install a proprietary driver, do a (Fedora) forum search "for" your card... you'll get info about which driver to use... and what snafus might be expected. Dunno if I'd bother, however; that 32 mb card's gonna be huffing and puffing... tempus fugits and all that jazz.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
thanks but that just sounds like a mission and a half, compiz I tried to install but it was complicated.

I was thinking of putting in my 128 mb ATI card in instead of messing around with drivers, bare hassle on Linux.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with ATI cards on me Mandriva, well not really. Have a look at me walkthrough as it may have some relevant info even if it is a different os/ If I remember rightly the ATI driver site was pretty helpful.

attachment.php

happywave.gif

Attachments

• lc6.jpg
    lc6.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 171

Ask a Question