Where can I get full training on Powerpoint for Business use

Lenora

I have recently joined a firm where Powerpoint is used extensively for
presentations. I have not previously used the programme to this extent so
would like to do a crash course. I have seen the training online but it does
not seem to have a full structure to it. Am I looking in the wrong place and
does anyone have any advice on where to go to get a full coverage of
Powerpoint from Basics through to Advanced. Many thanks

ZootRot

Depending on your comfort level with computers and other presentation
packages (and the Microsoft interface), the best way to learn is by doing.
Get a presentation to do and make liberal use of F1 (help) and these
newsgroups. Make sure you leave enough time for the first few presentations.

Microsoft's website has a list of certified training companies in your
location. Your local library should have some books, as will Amazon (where
you can check user reviews).

Troy @ TLC

PowerPoint is one of the few programs that take 6 minutes to understand and
use, but the next 3 years to actually figure out. There are a lot of good
online resources (www.ThePowerPointBlog.com, www.PPTFaq.com, etc.), but not
many are devoted to a full step-by-step instruction. There are courses
available (my training programs are not open to the general public, but
customized for each corporate client). I have reviewed the TrainSignal DVD
training program and found it very complete and easy to follow
(www.trainsignal.com), so that's another option. Check in here at the PPT
Newsgroup to read other issues and solutions and ask any that come up with
you.

Lucy Thomson

In addition to the other advice you are getting, I would start with MS's own
free stuff:
PowerPoint training (2003):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832731033.aspx
PowerPoint training (2007):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR100654571033.aspx
particularly 'Design efficiently with masters':
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011536491033

It's also important to understand how to use PowerPoint effectively, and for
that I would start here:
http://www.presentationzen.com/
http://blog.duarte.com/

Lucy

Mel

I have recently joined a firm where Powerpoint is used extensively for
presentations. I have not previously used the programme to this extent so
would like to do a crash course. I have seen the training online but it does
not seem to have a full structure to it. Am I looking in the wrong place and
does anyone have any advice on where to go to get a full coverage of
Powerpoint from Basics through to Advanced. Many thanks

Also, check around for a good private teacher/consultant. They can not
only help you learn, but also aid you in times you need coaching
through a project. They do charge a fee, but I found the one-on-one
sessions were much more bang for the buck than going to a class with
20 other people.

-Melina