What to buy? Flatscreen TV's

Reaction score
Righto!

I need a new TV for my room, I would like to spend as LITTLE as possible, as I have just splashed out on the new xbox 360 elite!

Obviously it WILL NEED to be HD ready, and cheap cheap cheap!

Size wize, I was thinking 26 inch - 32 inch ... but as far as I am aware, a 26 inch model would be cheaper than the 32 inch, so a 26 inch would be the best option.

Freeview and that isn't neciserelly needed, just ass little as possible so I can get it as CHEAP as possible!!

I found a few websites, such as www.play.com which offer some nice sets, but with your help possibly cheaper!

Looking to spend NO MORE than £400 so your going to have to dig deep to help me out! :D

Thanks a lot - and I hope to hear back!!

G~MAN

Reaction score
Wow!

Lol I knew as soon as I came here someone would show me an awesome TV!

That Samsung ROCKS! And I suppose I can get it minus the VAT cos I'm cool!

I dont know for sure, but are ALL flatscreens wall mountable?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
dunno bout them all being wall mounted but a lot of them should be

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Those Samsung TV's are damn good.
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's a good buy :thumb: Has Freeview and a PC input.

Gonna buy me a Samsung later this year. I've looked at lots lately, including friends' TV's, and Samsung definitely look to have the edge.

I have a 26" CRT atm, wondering whether to stay with 26" or go for 32" as it's only a small room, distance from eyes to screen is 2.5 metres so I'm wondering if a 32" will actually be too big.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
What? after a long hiatus.... u just expect to walk right in and demand a tv? :D

Reaction score
Alf said:
What? after a long hiatus.... u just expect to walk right in and demand a tv? :D

What is a hiatus? :D

I like to pop in and out of here! I dont know anything anymore about computers since I stopped being as active on these forums, I do feel I am in need of upgrading my computer a little though, when your LED lights run out, it is a sign!

But that Samsung looks spot on ME, is there any reason why it is so cheap but looks so good with a (what I think to be) decent spec?

I think I will order it when I come back from holiday, im doing up my room, that TV really would look awesome in it!

And also, you need to have it mounted on a wall I say! So what happens here? Do you need to buy a Wall Bracket? Or do you get one with some TV's?

Thanks! G~MAN

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have no idea why but all the samsung HD LCD TV's seem to be dirt cheap these days, i'm not really up on what to look for but to me its a bargain

i'd assume it comes with mounting points on the back but i'm guessing, maybe flopps knows ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You can get a 32" Samsung for about £500.00 but £400.00 for that model is a good price.

It's £441.00 at Overclockers and £420.00 at Amazon, so E-Buyer seem to be offering the best price atm.

I done a search to find out if it can be wall mounted and didn't come up with any results but one buyer's review said all you had to do was 'slot the TV body into the stand and switch on and that's it'.

So, I would assume if it comes off the stand, it can be wall-mounted. I haven't known of an LCD TV yet that can't be wall mounted anyway.

But it may be worth making a phone call to confirm. Who to phone? Dunno :D

And you will need to buy the wall mounting bracket seperately. Shop around for these, as they can vary from £15.00 to £80.00 for the same product, quite incredible :eek:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Just a shame its out of stock at ebuyer though......

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Just a shame its out of stock at ebuyer though......

Aye, I noticed that meself, E-Buyer have a habit of doing that. You wait, new stock will be £430.00 :lol:

Reaction score
Hmm interesting! :p Il send them an email, seeing when they will be back in stock

Also

I saw the screen res was 1002034939(<-- not important ) x 768 (<-- Important)

Does this mean it is the same height as a 15inch monitor 1024x768

Thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Hmm interesting! :p Il send them an email, seeing when they will be back in stock

Also

I saw the screen res was 1002034939(<-- not important ) x 768 (<-- Important)

Does this mean it is the same height as a 15inch monitor 1024x768

Thanks
No it doesn't - think about it - what happens when you reduce the res on your computer screen, does it stop filling the screen?......or does the detail on it just get bigger ;)

Ask a Question