    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 4/2/2006
    Time: 11:37:01 AM
    Computer: AMD
    Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the
    system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries.

    followed by:

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: LoadPerf
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 4/2/2006
    Time: 11:37:01 AM
    Computer: AMD
    Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded successfully.
    then the same 2 entries again - no entries after that.

    I've looked at MS and Google search - I can find other references to this service online but I can't find out WHAT is it ? and why
    is it appearing today ? Maybe coincidence and only has to do with time change ?? Or is it related to my PcAnywhere repair ?

    On my PC , under system-manage and services, I only see: WMI Performance Adapter - no WmiApRpl.

    - Bobb -, Apr 2, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    Heirloom Guest

    Don't know what you looked for in Google, but, I got 269 results:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xp+service+WmiApRpl&btnG=Google+Search
    Hopefully, something there will address your issue.
    Heirloom, old and must plant some flowers

    Heirloom, Apr 2, 2006

  3. - Bobb -

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    WmiApRpl.dll is the WMI Performance Reverse Adapter.

    WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation service.

    Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service
    http://smallvoid.com/tweak/winnt/service/wxyz.html#WINMGMT

    If you run DEFRAG or ProcessIdleTasks you'll get Event ID 1000 & 1001
    LoadPerf.

    Event ID: 1000
    Source: LoadPerf
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/su...dVer=5.0&EvtID=1000&EvtSrc=LoadPerf&LCID=1033

    Event ID: 1001
    Source: LoadPerf
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/su...dVer=5.0&EvtID=1001&EvtSrc=LoadPerf&LCID=1033

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:,
    - Bobb - <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Apr 2, 2006
  4. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    I did get plenty of Google hits - nothing useful though. I looked at many of them and they stated the info in the event log ( just
    like mine) , but I don't know WHAT IS WmiApRpl and why is it NOW an issue on my PC ?

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Apr 2, 2006
  5. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Reply in text

    "Wesley Vogel" <> wrote in message news:%...
    > WmiApRpl.dll is the WMI Performance Reverse Adapter.

    Wesley , can you tell me simply what that is ?
    and WHEN windows would use this ?
    and why now ? ( and never previously in event log).

    > WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation service.
    >
    > Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service
    > http://smallvoid.com/tweak/winnt/service/wxyz.html#WINMGMT
    >
    > If you run DEFRAG or ProcessIdleTasks you'll get Event ID 1000 & 1001

    Prior to posting I did go to Microsoft info and saw the links below - they state the same text that is in my app log - not an
    explanation though. I'm not trying to be a wise-guy, just trying to find out what this is/does ? Is it important etc
    I was used to seeing event 1000 in event log but not app log

    Bob

    - Bobb -, Apr 2, 2006
  6. - Bobb -

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Bob,

    I am glad that you replied [[in text]] and not in sign language, pictures,
    audio or some other method. ;-)

    WMI is part of the XP system and just runs once in a while doing various
    things. Third party applications can use WMI and so can you, if you're so
    inclined.

    The WMI Performance Adapter Service (wmiapsrv.exe), for example, will run
    and fill %windir%\PCHealth\HelpCtr\DataColl with System History info that
    can be viewed in System Information (msinfo32.exe).

    winmgmt.exe = Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
    Runs under SVCHOST.EXE.

    There are a bunch of WMI related files in XP.

    Windows Management Infrastructure (WMI) (wmimgmt.msc) is another one.

    [Windows Management Instrumentation service
    Provides a common interface and object model to access management
    information about operating system, devices, applications and services. If
    this service is stopped, most Windows-based software will not function
    properly.]

    From The Elder Geek:
    Windows Management Instrumentation Service
    [[Real World Description: If you don't want your computer to work, set this
    to Disabled. ]]

    From Black Viper:
    [Windows Management Instrumentation service
    This service is required if you want to see the "Dependencies" tab in
    service configuration and you want everything to go smoothly. I do not
    recommend disabling this service as strange things may start to happen.]

    From Snakefoot:
    [Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service
    Collects and provides system management information by tracking applications
    and drivers.
    Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI) is an implementation of Distributed
    Management Task Force's (DMTF) Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM).
    WBEM is a set of open, industry-defined specifications that unify and extend
    the management of enterprise-computing environment.
    The central part of WMI is the CIMOM (Common Interface Model Object Manager)
    which is an interface to the CIM(Common Information Model) which actually is
    a data container. WMI makes it possible for drivers, services, applications
    to return information in form of data or events into the CIM.]

    See: What is WMI and what can it do for me?
    here...
    Secrets of Windows Management Instrumentation
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/wmifaq.mspx

    Introduction to WMI
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e..._cab6b8e3-0d1e-465e-b97b-e9b8f71e6bc6.xml.asp

    See: Windows Management Instrumentation overview
    In Help and Support.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes