What is ListRow Property?

I have just had to wipe and re-install all of my computer software. I have
an XP Home operationg system, with Microsoft Office and Access 2003. Since
the re-install, when I try to access my database queries (or set up new ones)
I keep getting the same message "The setting for the ListRow property mus be
from 1 through 255". I cannot find any reference to this anywhere and am
running around in circles! My database is crucial to my business admin. All
I need is to be able to set up a few simple queries.... any advice?

david epsom dot com dot au

"For table fields, you can set this property on the Lookup
tab of the Field Properties section of table Design view
for fields with the DisplayControl property set to Combo Box."

(david)

"Amanda @ Attitude Martial Arts Academy" <Amanda @ Attitude Martial Arts
news:[email protected]...

Thanks so much for the reply. This has fixed some problems but the look-up
tab will not allow me to alter the List Row properties for any date/time
fields. Therefore if I design a query with these fields it still throws back
the same message. Any other suggestions.... I think the problem has been
caused by mixing Access files with Ability during my computer wipe ( I used
an Ability database temoporarily on my Laptop whilst repairing the desktop),
My problems came only when I re-installed Access.

david epsom dot com dot au

Change the date time fields to numeric (double), save, fix the
property, then change back again to date.

Then import everything into a new database: that may find and fix
other problems.

(david)

"Amanda @ Attitude Martial Arts Academy" <Amanda @ Attitude Martial Arts

Thanks again. Have already transfered data to a new database - couldn't
import as the problem transfered with the import, just copied accross main
table data. This worked but am still frustrated with original database. Had
tried your suggestion as this made sense but it lost me half the data - very
frustrating. I have now found a route around the problem. I need Ability
and Access to be compatible to work on my two computers, the files do not
interact well together but if I use Excel to import and export the main table
don't mess with the queries all seems fine.... for now! Really appreciate
the advice.