    a lot of scripts in different folders.

    --

    Joe Cilinceon

    Joe Cilinceon, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Joe Cilinceon

    John Ski Guest

    >Subject: What is Inetpub?
    >From: "Joe Cilinceon"
    >Date: 12/21/2003 6:11 PM Eastern Standard Time
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled XP
    >and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
    >didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also contains
    >a lot of scripts in different folders.
    >
    >--
    >
    >Joe Cilinceon

    No idea of where it came from. but Googling for "Inetpub" returned 259,000
    references. It's some sort of discussion forum related to publishing websites.
    WHy don't you Google it and see if there's a cite in there somewhere that will
    give you the info you seek.
    HTH,
    John
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
    ***Arthur C. Clarke***

    John Ski, Dec 21, 2003

  3. It is the web folder created when you installed IIS web server.

    tom

    Tom Pepper Willett, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Thanks Tom

    --

    Joe Cilinceon

    Joe Cilinceon, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Hi Joe,

    One of the things you installed was IIS (Internet Information Services) from
    the Control Panel/Add & Remove/Windows Components, this folder belongs to
    it.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Joe Cilinceon

    hammad

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Karachi,Pakistan

    the folder name as Inetpub is created when you installed the IIS(Internet Information Services) or PWS(personal web server )... in windows it is a built-in feature...

    hammad, Dec 26, 2011