what hardrive and psu ?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
same one i chose :eek: ,i've noticed a slight problem though that one is SATA2, does your mobo have SATA2 ? because i don't think they are backwards compatible

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
SATA has faster transfer speeds, but it's debatable whether current motherboard technology can actually take advantage of this.

Still, they're the future, so why go retro?

Average size for hard drive?

I dunno, but let's put it this way. When I first ran 2 x 120Gb SATA drives in a RAID 0, giving me 240Gb, I thought that was huge.

I do a lot of video conversion, VCR to DVD, and those files are BIG. Pair that with lots of WAV and mp3 files, photos and stuff and it fills up quite quick. And on that system I also have an IDE 120Gb as slave.

So basically, the bigger the better, I suppose.

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
same one i chose :eek: ,i've noticed a slight problem though that one is SATA2, does your mobo have SATA2 ? because i don't think they are backwards compatible

hehe :D

good minds think alike ;) well i suppose while i was in the process of writing a reply u posted one :D

well basically any hardrive i get will do the job good lol and go SATA ... OK ;)

and SATA2 is what ... lol just complicating things!!! hehe :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
SATA2 is an even faster version of SATA, komplett dont seem to sell any SATA HD's other than the maxtors, go to overclockers or overclock.co.uk and get one from them

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Don't confuse the Poor boy anymore just let him get a standard SATA drive...;)

Reaction score
lol.... :D thanks crazy legs haha!

hehe ;)... i suppose i will get a SATA drive and finished :D!

i suppose i will be asking u alllll agen how to run hardrives together ;) but at a later date ofcourse! !

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
well i have over 1000 songs on itunes... alot of pictures due to my digi cam! no videos!

not to much skl work :p but the odd bit here and there :p ermmmm thats it basically lol...

well what is the average size for a hardrive? atm mine seems to be fine but i shall get a new one just soo the whole system is fresh :)

what actually is the difference between ATA and SATA :S

i didnt realise it wasnt SATA so i ofund this instead :)
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=308201&cks=SER

average at the minute id say 250gb around abt that!

and i like samsung too
1. they have a three year warranty
2. they claim to be the most silent harddrives

thats why
www.quietpc.com use them!

Ask a Question