What are you playing?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Morning all :)

I've been hooked on the new Narnia game for the PC (I know, I know! :blush: ), and I was wondering - what are you all playing at the moment? Got any good game recommendations?

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Well, I suppose I've really two seprate lists...

List one (the 'work list') is We Love Katamari, Suikoden Tactics, Carmageddon, Sonic Rush, and Blade Runner.

List two (the 'pleasure list') is The Longest Journey, Age of Empires 3, Civilization IV, Uplink, In Memoriam, and Ridge Racer 6.

I cant recommend those PC titles in my second list their enough! Same with Blade Runner too. All absolutely superb games.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i've been playing the demo for world racing 2 alot recently but cant find the damn thing in the shops
icon_bicker.gif

now i've said that i'm sure one of you buggers will appear with a link to it ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Almost at the end of Serious Sam 2 but I can't beat the big baddie, Mental :(

Other than that, as usual, CoD 1 & 2 online :)

And I've just started Black and White Two, but not over keen on how you move about with the mouse.

Reaction score
Still Flight Simulator 2004 i'm afraid, but have installed also Serious Sam 2 and Battlefield 2!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Return to Castle Wolfenstein.........I Love It.....:D in the Catacoombs at the mo shooting the s**t out the zombies.

T'is a class game wondering if they'll ever bring out a sequel....gota be one of the best ww2 shooters bar none with CoD of course....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Picked up a copy of Battle Of Britain Two - Wings Of Victory for fifteen quid yesterday. I've always wanted a flight sim I feel comfortable with, but this ain't it.

I am absolutely useless at flight sims I've come to realise. Connected up Logitech FF Joystick, selected 'Novice' level, finally figured I had to take the brakes off the Spitfire to gain any speed, lol, but keep crashing.

I dunno, this Spitfire seems so light, so fragile, I just can't seem to keep it in a straight line down the runway. And this is only supposed to be a training session.

Hmm, maybe I try other parts of game first before giving up but I reckon I'd never make a pilot in real life.

I've tried Secret Weapons Over Normandy, which is totally unrealistic, I wasn't much good at that either :( Also tried one of them 'Janes' flight sims, nothing seemed to happen except flying about for hours.

I be good at fps's and racing games, but no good at all with flight sims.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Floppy ... try GL-117 in SuSE

I keep running out of ammo ... :rolleyes:

:cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :mad:

This game is driving me absolutely nuts. I give up.

Tried all planes, patched the game, messed with settings, crashed every time. Sometimes I actually manage to leave the ground but then crash right back down again :mad:

Anybody wanna buy this POS for a tenner? ;)

(Battle Of Britain Two - Wings Of Victory, with documentary DVD included)

Reaction score
Flight sims are great! Can't say i have played BOB2 though... combat ones are usually great fun

Do you have atwist grip joystick? You want to rudder the plane to the centre line and pull up at maybe 100mph for a spitfire, which is perhaps 80 or 85kts. Remember those flaps.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Flight sims are great! Can't say i have played BOB2 though... combat ones are usually great fun

Do you have atwist grip joystick? You want to rudder the plane to the centre line and pull up at maybe 100mph for a spitfire, which is perhaps 80 or 85kts. Remember those flaps.

A twist stick joystick? Um, yes, I do. Is that what controls the rudder? The twist function? Could be that's where I'm going wrong, I'd rather overlooked that, lol

I shall give it another shot, thanks for advice :)

Reaction score
ToCA Race Driver 2, Theme Hospital & Rocket Mania

Anyway to er, cheat on ToCA Race Driver 2, just as i'm so crap i have to go through every stage to get to the better drives! Oh and only use the arrow buttons, no steering wheel!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
A twist stick joystick? Um, yes, I do. Is that what controls the rudder?

Yup, thats the one :D You should just have to stick the throttle to the max, release the brake and then build up speed and slowly pull back once you've reached ~80kts as Chris says. You probably won't have to use the rudder or control anything other than pitch whilst taking off unless they've made it uber-realistic!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
feckit said:
ToCA Race Driver 2, Theme Hospital & Rocket Mania

Theme Hospital - what a game :D I can still play that, Theme Park and Transport Tycoon years after they came out. :D

Ask a Question