What are you listening to?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Right now, blast from the past...

Spunk Rock by Man, live from the Greasy Truckers Album Vol. 1, recorded at The Roundhouse, Camden, 1972. All 26 Minutes of it.

Betcha not many heard of that one, eh? ;)

Hang on, they're a Welsh band. And I like it. Good grief :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah yes, the Sex Pistols. Good as they were (and I personally think they were absolutely brilliant) they were, shall we say, 'Magpies' of previous styles, although they'd never admit it. Of course.

At the time, they were a refreshing kick up the nuts. Nuff said.

I was driving past Finsbury Park last Thursday, scene of their last reunion and where little Master Rotten was brung up. That area, ya know?

Ho hum :)

Reaction score
Flopps.... Absolutly.. The Pistols were at that time.. A Fantastic new release of energy.... your also damned right about the stealing of styles.. most of the tracks were done in (bad takes.... which ironically made them original) of different styles..

Fact... Sid Vicious never sung anything of his own... just bad takes.. "Common everybody"... "my way".. ect.. ect.... tell you the truth i didnt like him much....

Rotten.. was another story... fantastic energy......

Tracks that i think made them classic were tracks like "Bodies".. A song about abortion and a female called pauline that they had encountered..
(Please dont play this at home . alone.. or with children present).. lol

Anarchey In The UK
God Save The Queen... (Classic)

Yep flopps i liked the pistols at the time..... this revival thing... nope not for me... the energy was with the youth... now there just going over old tracks

Flopps did you see Johnny Rotten on that Im a Celebrity..lol .. the coolist dude there!.... heheehe

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Right now I'm listening to Blue :)

They're great.

No, not that Blue, but a previous lot from 1974.

The album's called 'Life In The Navy', not bad at all :)

Maybe they were Blue's Dads....

Reaction score
The Game - Hate it or love it

Wicked tune ! :) Get the album !!!

Also get Xzibit's new album - Weapons of mass destruction, his best album yet !!!

Hehe

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The Floyd Pulse Live Shine on you crazy diamond,
superb i have to have it on my earphones as the hifi is too loud, and i'l have the neihbours bangin my door down, another fantastic track is Hey You, again punishment to my ears but worth it......:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
The Floyd Pulse Live Shine on you crazy diamond,
superb i have to have it on my earphones as the hifi is too loud, and i'l have the neihbours bangin my door down, another fantastic track is Hey You, again punishment to my ears but worth it......:D
I have the DVD "The Wall" by Roger Waters and "Hey you" is rendered beautifully by Paul Carrack. You should check it out it is brriliant. Even the title track is a great version. Other guest artists inclued, Joni Mitchell doing "Blue Skies", Sinead O'Conner doing "Mother". Bryan Adams was also featured but forgot which tune he covered.

Reaction score
Linkin Park w. JayZ - Numb/Encore

I hate rap, but this song is strangely cool...it's on repeat.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Strunz & Farah - Primal magic (Track 10 Amazona)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Right at this moment, The Buggles- Video Killed the Radio Star......Taken from the album The Age of Plastic...... circa 1979 :thumb:

CLASS

Quad, Sinnead oconnor's .Mother. an excellent track

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Going retro tonight :)

Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
Dancing The Night Away - The Motors
Hallelujah, Rave On - Happy Mondays
Evening Over Rooftops - The Edgar Broughton Band
Bang Bang - Nancy Sinatra
Wild Fire - Budgie
Atmosphere - Joy Division

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've seen Pink Floyd once or twice.

Earls Court 1973 & 1994, Knebworth, Crystal Palace, not Pompeii though, unfortunately.

Oops, giving me age away ;)

Looks like Floyd have retired now though, The Division Bell could very well be their last album :(

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Automatic For The People.........R.E.M

Everybody Hurts.... what a track, again you seem to hear so much more accoustically with a very good quality set of headphones on.

Ask a Question