What are folks up to this weekend?

Reaction score
I've been trying to crunch all day whilst catching up with emails.
Chilling out to my collection of cd's on my new £29 cd player/radio from Tescos.:D
It may not have lots of functions, but it's better than my tinny pc speakers!
Oh and still getting over the flu i had whilst away last week!!!

So what are other peoples up to?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What am I doing this wekend?

Bugger-all, really.

I have a cold. A stinking, rotten cold which is making me feel cold, shivery, weak and comes with a tickly irritating cough.

And no, it's not flu. Anybody who says they have flu and isn't tucked up in bed with a fever severely incapacitated is a liar. And usually male, the wusses.

Once, at primary school, a teacher, Mrs Dixon, asked me why I'd been off Tom and Dick. I replied 'I had influenza Mrs Dixon'. She replied 'No need to say Influenza Sullivan, just call it flu'.

So, having only recently learnt this new big word and positive it was the correct term for the ilnness I had suffered, with all the cockiness of a nine year old I again said 'I had influenze Mrs Dixon'

She said 'Call it flu'

I didn't. This happened five or six times until she lost her temper slightly and sent me to the headmaster and to tell him I refused to do what she said.

Where he caned me twice, one stroke on each hand.

Now either I deserved that for being a pretentious little twerp or I was treated grossly unfair.

What she should have done was explain in a kindly manner it's more socially acceptable to say 'flu' rather than influenza which is a term only medical folk use.

But she didn't, the battle-axe.

Well, that day I learnt a lesson in life. I think.

Today I bought lots of electrical fittings for the job I'm doing and bought a copy of Stevie Wonder's Innervsions on vinyl.

I have played a lot of the PC game Borderlands and have ordered Fallout: New Vegas for PC from play.com.

The i-Pod (Video 5th generation) I bought in March 2006 had it's battery almost die (only lasted 10 minutes) recently and today the battery from i-Pod Doctor and the tools arrived. Thirteen quid inc postage. I've used these before for other people's i-Pods, they're good.

At 6am today it was pouring with rain (couldn't sleep with this poxy cold). At 13:00 hours the sun was shining brilliantly. But it's cold.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Just finished my new shift 5 on 5 off 60 hours..watchin x factor with the family and into listening to Keane on my ipod nano, goin caravaning at ashbourne next week as it is half term for kids so have a well deserved week off...have to say a prayer for my boss though who is going through unbelievable pain in his private life ..you could not imagine what..it has bought me to tears this week...Chin up Dave.. Oh ordered Fifa 11 on Xbox 360 coz Aaron said if we bought it on PS3 we would have to buy another contoller if we both played and was not cost effective...!!! so we played the demo all day

Rush

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I have played a lot of the PC game Borderlands and have ordered Fallout: New Vegas for PC from play.com.

A man of good taste ;). I've just got back from a few days away with Becky to see her dad (hence my lack of posting!), and I returned to find my pre-ordered Fallout: New Vegas DVD in the postbox... woohoo :D.

Fallout 3 was an excellent game IMO, so I'm looking forward to playing this new edition sometime in the week.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yesterday was invited as a guest for a conference from 9-1 PM and after that was invited by a good friend over his house for lunch and a music session (till 8 PM). He is a fellow club member (Houston Audion Society) and we meet atleast twice a month for long music sessions. Last month he bought a new custom made amplifier and we have been listening to it while it was breaking in and how the change has come about in the reproduction over 80 hours of playing.

I also for the first time had made a cloned cd (not copy) on the K3B software and we tested it alongside the original, all I can say the results were stunning to say the least, I do not think I will be going back to copying anymore, it will be just cloning. Today I am doing a few more clones for him and we will see how that goes in our later sessions.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Just watched the Grand Prix, other than that catching up on this months invoices for work, and waiting to go round me mum's for a lovely family7 Sunday roast :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Took the dog for a walk.

attachment.php

laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 228

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Tinkering with the car.

attachment.php

It was sounding a bit weedy.
laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• IMG0023.JPG
    IMG0023.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 210

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Tinkering with the car.

attachment.php

It was sounding a bit weedy.
laughingsmiley.gif

You are not just a barbarian but are blessed with a killer sense of humour too :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Spent saturday in close confinement with a large number of teenagers as my daughter celebrated her 18th birthday.
Before you get worried I would like to reassure you all that I did survive the experience and am not communicating this from beyond the beyond.
But I do have to say, my daughter is worryingly mature for an 18yo.... I mean, how many 18yo's invite their mothers to the party? And there was no alchohol (or the like), no one got even slightly tipsy or sneaked off to one of the bed rooms to make out or anything. Everyone was friendly & polite, laughed a lot and had fun.

Scary.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Spent yesturday in close confinement with a large number of teenagers as my daughter celebrated her 18th birthday.
Before you get worried I would like to reassure you all that I did survive the experience and am not communicating this from beyond the beyond.
But I do have to say, my daughter is worryingly mature for an 18yo.... I mean, how many 18yo's invite their mothers to the party? And there was no alchohol (or the like), no one got even slightly tipsy or sneaked off to one of the bed rooms to make out or anything. Everyone was friendly & polite, laughed a lot and had fun.

Scary.

You are nothing but a hypochondriac
nod.gif
Relax you have a perfect daughter! :D Just be proud of what she did. She is the way she is cause you trained her well.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
lol, Don't worry, I am and I'll tell her :D She's certainly doing a much better job of 17-18 than I did :D
maybe she's learned from my mistakes :blush: :lol:
Whatever the reason, it's always rewarding to see our children pass us by :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
cirianz said:
lol, Don't worry, I am and I'll tell her :D She's certainly doing a much better job of 17-18 than I did :D
maybe she's learned from my mistakes :blush: :lol:
Whatever the reason, it's always rewarding to see our children pass us by :D

If she is doing better than you, you still get the credit for that. Not letting your children making the same mistakes you did and being successful in that is a blessing.:)

Reaction score
Up with friends in Sussex for a few days.
Mostly chilling out but also looking at a few business ideas as well.
Oh and the odd pint of beer or 2.

Ask a Question