What am I doing wrong?

G

I have an Adaptec AVC-2310 capture device which captures and works fine within the confines of Sonic My DVD. I was able to import my mpeg files into MM2, edited just fine & saved AVI files until suddenly MM2 crashed my computer & I had to format & reinstall my HD. Now MM2 imports my mpeg files & I can preview them but there is no video (just sound). And now when I click on the clip I get an ActiveMovie Window I never did before. I cannot capture using MM2 (it gives me a runtime error) & I cannot capture using Nero 6 Ultra (tells me capture device is in use). I have read until I am blue in the face. I downloaded a trial version of OSS Converter to convert the mpeg to AVI so I can import into MM2 but review says it is spyware. MM2 is the only non-linear editing software I can find. My system is a Dell Pentium III 667 Mhz, but it still meets all the requirements for the capture & editing tools.

All I want to do is take all my old VHS tapes and convert them to DVD - nothing really fancy, but I am having lots of problems just figuring out which are the best tools to use. I have read forums (including papjohn's) & still don't quite understand the problem. I also downloaded DivX codec & a trial program to convert to that. The way I see it I am capturing the video, converting to AVI, editing, converting back to mpeg - all just to burn a DVD. Is this the correct way to proceed. Can someone help me? Thanks.

J

John Kelly

Hello there,

Basically, Movie Maker and MPEG, MP3 and JPeg files do not get along together.
Any of these files should be converted to AVI, WAV and BMP files.

For the best site I have ever come across on converting files from one format
to another go to my web site and click on GREAT LINKS > IMAGING > KNOWLEDGE
CASE and go to Video Help. The site has a lot of information together with
links to software for download

Ask a Question