went into sleep mode, now nothink works!

Reaction score
when i was shutting down, i accidently hit the sleep mode, when i tried to resume nothing happend, the fans came on and nothing else. just a blank screen. i waited and then pressed the reset button. still same blank screen, so i held the power button and it went off. then i switched on and still nothing, same blanc screen. tried totally powering down and same thing. tried disconnecting the hard drive, but the same blanc screen!

i did find a fix that i thought worked but the problem is still present, the fix i found was to disconnect all power, take out the battery on the mother board, wait and then put it back, and it came on. but today, that dosnt even work. it will occasionally work but most of the time the fix wont. also sometimes when i reset it happens aswell.

There are other syptoms aswell that show up, when it dose actually boot up, it comes on for 1 second then turns itself off, and then after 2 seconds powers up by itself and it works. this is when i have reset the bios by taking out the battery

I am also getting a lot of security alerts in things like Yahoo! Messenger and when a program opens a web page, like if i check my emails with messenger. but think this is because of the time and date reset in the bios

I have changed the Bios Battery just now aswell. but it's with the same problems.

Motherboard is MS-7091 V1
CPU Pentium 4 HT 3.4GHZ
Operating system Windows XP Home edition

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Sounds like a virus. If your motherboard has a CMOS jumper, try resetting the BIOS, you'll need to look at the motherboard manual to locate the jumper. Once you found it, it's just a matter of putting the jumper one pin the the left or right and then replacing it back to it's original location. Having done that, does it work?

Did you build your computer by yourself too?
I did and I've had similar problems with loose cables.
Try reconnecting the cables.
And when you put you hand on the top metal part of the hard drive, can you feel it spinning?

Ask a Question