need help with wirless device

Reaction score
Hi what ever i do when i install a wirless device on my computer windows wont pick it up.

I have install the right software aswell but still wont pick it up.I have even plug a wire into my router then back into the computer and still the net wont come on

Nothing seen to work at all

Am using windows vista at the moment but had the same problem with windows xp.

I have check my network connection and its sending but wont receiving this when i have it connect to the router my wired

the net is fine cause my xbox306 and wii works fine

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have check my network connection and its sending but wont receiving this when i have it connect to the router my wired

the net is fine cause my xbox306 and wii works fine

If I understood correctly , even when you connect your PC with wire, he's not receiving any information ?

and with wireless, you can't even find/see your Connection ? ( SSID Invisible ? )
----
if so you my friend may have alot of problems.

1) (Wire Connection) Your PC may be blocking the connection ( example, fire-walling the whole input connection)

2) (Wi-Fi Connection) Your WI-Fi Router may have his SSID hidden, so you would need to search for it specifically, with your PC

hope you understand what i'm talking about :confused:

Reaction score
If I understood correctly , even when you connect your PC with wire, he's not receiving any information ?

and with wireless, you can't even find/see your Connection ? ( SSID Invisible ? )
----
if so you my friend may have alot of problems.

1) (Wire Connection) Your PC may be blocking the connection ( example, fire-walling the whole input connection)

2) (Wi-Fi Connection) Your WI-Fi Router may have his SSID hidden, so you would need to search for it specifically, with your PC

hope you understand what i'm talking about :confused:

no i have format the pc and have,nt change nothing.

What ever i do the drivers wont install and there the right ones for the usb wirless device.

Even when i do a wire connection thats the same nothing seen to work.

Am using windows visa home

Reaction score
Am using windows visa home

Ouch ... i feel sorry for you i used Vista for may be a week when it came out... nothing worked on it, so i downgraded to Win XP until Win 7 came out.
Anyhow i know nothing about Vista other from that it was a mistake even getting it.
-------------
if you putted the stick in to your PC before installing the drivers for it that might of made a problem. (happened to me once)
-------------
Cant help you here anymore, hope someone else can :cheers:

Reaction score
Ouch ... i feel sorry for you i used Vista for may be a week when it came out... nothing worked on it, so i downgraded to Win XP until Win 7 came out.
Anyhow i know nothing about Vista other from that it was a mistake even getting it.
-------------
if you putted the stick in to your PC before installing the drivers for it that might of made a problem. (happened to me once)
-------------
Cant help you here anymore, hope someone else can :cheers:

the wireless device is belkin look like this one http://www.belkin.com/us/F9L1001-Belkin/p/P-F9L1001

i have download the drivers and still nothing happend.even a wired connected does,nt work.

i have try anything and the net just does,nt come on

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It sounds as if the LAN device on your motherboard (if that's what you're using) may have gone faulty.

It may be worth buying a cheap PCI LAN card (if your motherboard has a spare PCI slot) fitting it and disabling your onboard LAN in the BIOS. Then install the drivers that come with the card and try connecting online.

PCI-E LAN cards are also available.

The cards are about a tenner either online from the usual suspects or also available instore from Maplins. This happened to me recently on an Asus motherboard that was only about three months old, it's a common problem.

The fact your Xbox connects ok proves the router is ok.

Reaction score
(I love it when I write out a whole message and then just simply leave it and never click send (lost a job once because of that) -.-' )

any how ...
@floppybootstomp
I agree that his router is ok, but i don't agree on his LAN being fried or anything like that ... Since he has problems connecting wireless over an USB stick wireless module...

@michael555
(I highly suggest looking in to switching to Windows 7 or at least downgrading to XP - if impossible then..)

1) Pull out your Wireless USB stick from the PC

2) Uninstall all the drivers that have anything to do with your Wireless USB... (if uninstalling Windows Vista built in Drivers, it should ask you if you want to uninstall those drivers from the "Vista Driver database".YES! )

3) ! Restart the PC

4) Instal the drivers that you got on your CD with the Wireless USB module.

5) (just to be sure ) Restart the PC again

6) After the system boots up , put in the wireless USB in.

7) Inform us of what happened

NOTICE: As said before Win Vista is just really buggy, so just be careful to always install all the drivers of products that you buy, BEFORE connecting them to the PC.

Now having that said , I'm waiting for the reply :cheers:

edit: maybe you should check pre-made static local IP's, tho you said it's a newly installed system.. no idea.. also check and be sure that you didn't setup your router , not to accept any connections other then ones specified (allowed) in the router options !

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'll just comment on one thing:

Vista wasn't buggy, just bloated and slow.

It was also very stable. But slow.

Win 7 is basically just a re-vamped Vista with a lot of the safety features removed to make it faster.

And: I like Win 7, dislike Vista.

That's all :)

Here's hoping your suggestions solve the problem and I thank you for pointing out you think my diagnosis is completely wrong.

You may be right, you may be wrong (oo, sounds like a PIL song) but I still think it was worthy of mention.

Have a nice day :)

Reaction score
:dance:

point about vista... Win 7 is what vista was supposed to be..
point of you being what ? insulted by my post or disrespected or something ... ehh totally not my problem,
but I'm sorry, and it's not true that i thought your diagnostic was completely wrong, but he mentioned, that while connected with wire, he's pc sends data but doesn't receive any, there for i made an edit that he should check his router options.

Point of thread name being "need help with wireless device" sorta means he wants his pc connected wireless meaning LAN doesn't have to work ( and it doesn't, I have a PC connected over an wireless usb adapter... who's MB Ethernet connector is not working )

Point, this two last posts of ours having no point ... I'm ending my side of discussion,
and i really don't care who's right and who's wrong , just want to help a man solve his problem. :cheers:
:) Also Have a Nice Day

Reaction score
(I love it when I write out a whole message and then just simply leave it and never click send (lost a job once because of that) -.-' )

any how ...
@floppybootstomp
I agree that his router is ok, but i don't agree on his LAN being fried or anything like that ... Since he has problems connecting wireless over an USB stick wireless module...

@michael555
(I highly suggest looking in to switching to Windows 7 or at least downgrading to XP - if impossible then..)

1) Pull out your Wireless USB stick from the PC

2) Uninstall all the drivers that have anything to do with your Wireless USB... (if uninstalling Windows Vista built in Drivers, it should ask you if you want to uninstall those drivers from the "Vista Driver database".YES! )

3) ! Restart the PC

4) Instal the drivers that you got on your CD with the Wireless USB module.

5) (just to be sure ) Restart the PC again

6) After the system boots up , put in the wireless USB in.

7) Inform us of what happened

NOTICE: As said before Win Vista is just really buggy, so just be careful to always install all the drivers of products that you buy, BEFORE connecting them to the PC.

Now having that said , I'm waiting for the reply :cheers:

edit: maybe you should check pre-made static local IP's, tho you said it's a newly installed system.. no idea.. also check and be sure that you didn't setup your router , not to accept any connections other then ones specified (allowed) in the router options !

ok let u know next week then

may try the lan card or win7

Ask a Question