WellGet

CoMa

WellGet
http://www.wellget.com/

Introduction of WellGet functions

WellGet is a download manager for a new generation
WellGet has broken through the mode of downloading software of the
tradition,
Besides having now various kinds of to download tools all functions (the
download tool under http\ftp\mms\RTSP protocol) also integrate the BT
downloads function that present and popular, It realize the function that
special-purpose BT download tools could be realized.

It improves the speed of download at double through Multithreading
technology, and supports many kinds of protocols, Such as HTTP, FTP, MMS,
RTSP...
I/The author hopes to pass own efforts, and Let everybody preview long
movies while they're being downloaded.

1 Divide a piece of software into 128 parts to download at the same time at
most, and can establish 20 tasks of downloading at most.
Improve the speed of download to the maximum extent through such as
Multithreading technology, breakpoint transmission, etc...

2 Can be watched or listened to while downloading media's file,

3 The media player based on DirectShow technology, str6ong and flexible,
users can add the filter and expand and play media's type by oneself.

4 The flexible connection reuse, support FTP MMS RTSP Connection reuse,
shorten protocol conversation time by a wide margin

5 Support many kinds of protocols, Such as http ftp mms RTSP

6 Support Proxy Server http<get> http<connect> socks 4&5

7 The buffer memory technology of the magnetic disc, protects you hard disk

8 Better support automatically and shut-down When finish downloading

9 Can customize tool bar and display of downloading information

10 Task that download can arrange in an order, the important file has
priority download.

11 Support drag download linking

12 Support drag batch download linking

13 Support monitor clipboard download linking

14 Speed limit function, it is convenient to have a look around?

15 The detector function of the website, have a look around FTP website
easily

16 The merger with the browser, it is more convenient to download

17 Can establish different classification and deposit downloaded software
into different categories.

18 The strong functions of management including support are dragged,
rename, add and describe, look for, automatically rename when the name of
the file is repeated, etc...

19 Management downloaded the file in the past

20 Multilingual interface, users can translate into many kinds of languages
by one, and can switch over at any time

Win98/Me/NT4.x/2000/XP/2003

Vegard Krog Petersen

canetoad said:
whoever did the translation should be either shot or shorted

Whoever wrote the above should learn to start a sentence with a capital
letter...

Reg Edit

Whoever wrote the above should learn to start a sentence with a capital
letter...

So the grammar of the original translation was OK ??????
It really gave me confidence to try the app, NOT.

elaich

1 Divide a piece of software into 128 parts to download at the same
time at most, and can establish 20 tasks of downloading at most.

This is something I've never understood. If I have a 53K connection and are
downloading a file using all or most of that bandwidth, how does it help to
break the file up into piece and have multiple connections going at the
same time? My bandwidth is still 53K, and that's all that can be used,
whether it's one download or many. Not to mention the fact that many
servers will boot/ban you for this kind of slamming.

Vegard Krog Petersen

Reg said:
So the grammar of the original translation was OK ??????
It really gave me confidence to try the app, NOT.

The grammar? Didn't even check it. Just couldn't refrain myself from
responding in the same manner :)

Regarding the snip - no need to be so agressive(?)....

regards from
--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:

dszady

This is something I've never understood. If I have a 53K connection and
are downloading a file using all or most of that bandwidth, how does it
help to break the file up into piece and have multiple connections going
at the same time? My bandwidth is still 53K, and that's all that can be
used, whether it's one download or many. Not to mention the fact that many
servers will boot/ban you for this kind of slamming.

Good question.
Answer: Google Groups
In part:
TCP has some interesting characteristics. One of them is that it is
designed to start a transfer slow, and work up in speed until packets end
up being dropped, because it is going faster than some point in the
connection allows. When packets start dropping (the receiving end starts
requesting retransmits, because it isn't getting all the packets), the
server slows down the transmission until packets aren't dropping again,
then gradually increases speed again. Eventually, an equilibrium is
reached, which is the fastest speed the connection can handle. (Note that
"eventually" in this case, means some seconds or tens of seconds, perhaps a
minute or so, to really stabilize.)

derek / nul

This is something I've never understood. If I have a 53K connection and are
downloading a file using all or most of that bandwidth, how does it help to
break the file up into piece and have multiple connections going at the
same time? My bandwidth is still 53K, and that's all that can be used,
whether it's one download or many. Not to mention the fact that many
servers will boot/ban you for this kind of slamming.

You may wish to look at Free Download Manager, it can be configured for 1 part
and you can limit the bandwidth.