Weird IE7 Behavior. Please help me out.

Gino

I must have set something from default in IE7. Every time I close the window
or tab, I can hear IE navigation click and I think it navigates to
about:blank, which I set to be my blank homepage, before it closes. So if I
have 10 tabs open in one IE window, I hear 10 navigation clicks(same
clicking sounds when I click on a link), and it takes forever for all window
tabs to navigate to about:blank then close.
This wasn't the behavior before. It would just close no matter what page I
was on, be it about:blank or some site.
Can this be fixed?
Thanks

Rock

I must have set something from default in IE7. Every time I close the
window or tab, I can hear IE navigation click and I think it navigates to
about:blank, which I set to be my blank homepage, before it closes. So if I
have 10 tabs open in one IE window, I hear 10 navigation clicks(same
clicking sounds when I click on a link), and it takes forever for all
window tabs to navigate to about:blank then close.
This wasn't the behavior before. It would just close no matter what page I
was on, be it about:blank or some site.

IE7 questions should be asked in the Internet Explorer newsgroup. There are
quite a few posts there so peruse them for something on topic before posting
a new message.

Newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Ayush

Replied to [Rock]s message :
IE7 questions should be asked in the Internet Explorer newsgroup.

See the headers Rock :
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Rock

Ayush said:
Replied to [Rock]s message :
IE7 questions should be asked in the Internet Explorer newsgroup.

See the headers Rock :
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Darn it... I post to fast without looking sometimes. Sorry..yet again.

Robert Aldwinckle

Gino said:
I must have set something from default in IE7. Every time I close the window
or tab, I can hear IE navigation click and I think it navigates to
about:blank, which I set to be my blank homepage, before it closes.
So if I have 10 tabs open in one IE window, I hear 10 navigation clicks(same
clicking sounds when I click on a link), and it takes forever for all window
tabs to navigate to about:blank then close.
This wasn't the behavior before. It would just close no matter what page I
was on, be it about:blank or some site.

What was before? IE6? You didn't have tabs then? ; }

Also, do you get the prompt about closing a window with tabs
or have you suppressed that?

Can this be fixed?

Don't use tabs? ; )

Do the sounds occur if you minimize the window before closing it (e.g. using its Taskbar icon)?

Oh. Are you trying to close the first tab first? Try closing the last tab first instead.
That seems faster. E.g. less of a cascade of rendering all the other tabs
in their new position. In that case when you are closing a tabbed window
and not minimizing it first see if it helps setting focus to the last tab first.
E.g. instead of just Alt-F4 where an arbitrary tab has focus try using:
Ctrl-1,Ctrl-BackTab,Alt-F4

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Gino

What I meant by "Before" was that IE7 was not behaving as it does now when I
first installed it. I must have played around with the settings; for
example, blank startpage, default programs, etc and during this I must have
checked something that change the way IE7 closes. I didn't mean IE6 by
saying "before", I meant initial IE7 installation.

Yes the same behavior happens when I close it by right clicking on Taskbar
IE 7 bar and choosing close. Same navigational clicking sound and I can
notice it going into Blank page and closing.

This behavior happens regardless if there are tabs or just a single IE7 page
that's open. Even if I click on IE7 and it opens its default "Blank" page
which is set to about:blank in the homepage, it still uses navigation to
Blank page then closes.
To clarify, This happens with tabs, without tabs, closing from the taskbar,
ALT-F4, before or after navigating to any websites.

Thanks.
Gino

Gino

Update:
When I close IE7, at the bottom it says: Waiting for about:blank

Why is it doing this? Why does it have to navigate to about:blank before
closing?

Tim.T

Get Firefox 2.0.0.1- which is the REAL IE7 - and dump any MS browser.
Sorted.