Website to Business Card Size

G

I would like to know how to take a working website and place it on a Business card CRD and have it start up when the disk loads on another computer. I do know that this can not be that difficult but I am haveing a problem creating it. The website is already completed - I want to be able to give it to someone and have them load it on there computer and view it like a off-line website with all of the functions like it is on-line. This will be used for like a live resume with differant tabs for information. I am using this to get information our for my daughter who want to attend college

S

Stefan B Rusynko

For creating a web on a CD see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q310511

--

| I would like to know how to take a working website and place it on a Business card CRD and have it start up when the disk loads on
another computer. I do know that this can not be that difficult but I am haveing a problem creating it. The website is already
completed - I want to be able to give it to someone and have them load it on there computer and view it like a off-line website with
all of the functions like it is on-line. This will be used for like a live resume with differant tabs for information. I am using
this to get information our for my daughter who want to attend college

A

Andrew Murray

I assume you want to transfer a web site to CD-R. (I don't know what, in your
words, a business card CRD is!).

I'd say you would basically publish it to a folder on your hard disk, then burn
the folder to the CDR. You might need to put in an autorun.inf (or whatever -
someone else could clarify this) to make the disk start on inserting it. but
otherwise it will run well from the disk.

If the site requires features using the frontpage server extensions - this won't
be possible since those features are designed for an 'online' site. but a static
site comprising images and html files should pose any problems, just remember you
need to burn all the files and image to the disk as well, in the same relative
path used on the hard disk or you might find it comes up with broken links or
missing images and so forth.

Hope this helps, otherwise look for the other replies.

Ricky Oliver said:
I would like to know how to take a working website and place it on a Business
card CRD and have it start up when the disk loads on another computer. I do know
that this can not be that difficult but I am haveing a problem creating it. The
website is already completed - I want to be able to give it to someone and have
them load it on there computer and view it like a off-line website with all of
the functions like it is on-line. This will be used for like a live resume with
differant tabs for information. I am using this to get information our for my
daughter who want to attend college

G

Do I have to put any AUTO RUN SCRIPTS so that when someone places then in there disk drive that it would automatically start up? - thanks

G

Thanks for you quick response - CD-R is what I ment to type - I have Frontpage 2003 loaded at home - I am waiting to see if I get any responses about having to place an AUTO RUN statement in there so that it executes once the disk loads

S

Stefan B Rusynko

When you transfer to CD note the name/location of your home page (index or default .htm)
You will need to add an autorun.inf file (w/ a shellexec)
You can download both from http://www.cornerhouse.ca/en/products.html

Then edit (in Notepad) the line in the autorun.inf below (index.html filename if required) to include the path on the cd to both
files
OPEN=shellrun.exe index.html

--

| Do I have to put any AUTO RUN SCRIPTS so that when someone places then in there disk drive that it would automatically start
up? - thanks

T

Thomas A. Rowe

See:
http://www.6bytes.com/autoruncd.html

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Ricky Oliver said:
I would like to know how to take a working website and place it on a Business card CRD and have it
start up when the disk loads on another computer. I do know that this can not be that difficult but
I am haveing a problem creating it. The website is already completed - I want to be able to give it
to someone and have them load it on there computer and view it like a off-line website with all of
the functions like it is on-line. This will be used for like a live resume with differant tabs for
information. I am using this to get information our for my daughter who want to attend college

Ask a Question