Webcam Problems?

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been given a Trust 120 Spacecam but dont have any drivers for it. Does anyone out there have drivers or know where i can get them?

Thanks

Bodhi

Reaction score
BOO HISS!! They didn't have any drivers for it! Any other ideas boys?!!!

Reaction score
I downloaded from trust, but it installed something but not the driver cause windows xp still wont recognise it! :-( dont know what on earth the setup program did!!!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm - it should have been the driver... Try going to Device Manager and try to re-install the driver manually for the "unknown" item. That might do it :)

Reaction score
use update driver in device manager and point it towards the inf files. just make sure you have the correct driver and that xp is picking the cam up, "found new h/w" if not then let us know thats another can of worms!

J

Reaction score
Its a pain in the ass! Windows does find new hardware every time it starts, and i have downloaded the drivers from the trust website, but it is a .exe file and it unzips everything and installs 'something' but i have no idea what. Cant find the .inf file anywhere!! How can it be this difficult! :)

Plug and PRAY!!!!

Reaction score
if it's not installing properly then you'll have the wrong driver, if you've definately got the right one then maybe try an older one.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The problem is probably the .EXE file ... download and install WinZip, then right click on the .EXE file to extract it to a folder of your choosing ... then re-attach the WebCam and point XP to the directory, it should work. :)

I don't trust Trust. ;)

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem. I have resolved never to buy any more Trust products - this is not the first time I have had trouble with their drivers. If anyone does have any ideas....

This is a clean install of Windows XP (apart from the 70 odd program suites I installed yesterday!)

Only unresolved problem is the Trust Spacecam.

I downloaded the most recent driver from Trust. This is a zip file that extracts to a setup executable.

Run setup and it says OK but gives no idea of what is is up to. When I uninstall/re-install the device it is still not recognised.

I have determined that the setup program populates a directory \windows\options\install. Tried to point the device manager there for drivers but the .inf files are not recognised as belonging to the cam.

Usual restarts and retries along the way.

Any more ideas?

Reaction score
Thats the problem i'm having, exactly the same. When you use winzip to unzip the zip file all that comes out is the "setup.exe" and if you unzip that there are a few files, but no ".inf" files. I spent 8 years working in a computer shop and i have never had driver problems this annoying before! Even took it to the shop i worked it and they couldnt get it working!! Although i do know a "girl" who has got it working! She is giving me the cd which comes with it, to see if that works! Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
Right, thats it!!!! I got the actual CD from a friend, saw her take it out the unopened box and everything! Installed the software and drivers, plugged the camera in and still nothing! Its unbelievable how shit a company can be at making products! I command you all, never buy anything from trust EVER!

P.S. I love ZZ! :)

Reaction score
Strange

I finally got mine to work when I went back to the CD. Perhaps your CD has a later version as on the web.

I'll stick my driver files up on the web later tonite so you can download and try them. Watch this space for a link.

(PS one other thought, is the camera plugged into a hub? - I have found some USB devices don't work unless they are the only device plugged directly into the port on the PC.

Rgds

Reaction score
No, no hub, just straight into the usb port. Windows still asks to install a driver everytime it starts, just no where on the trust CD or website does a driver seem to exist! Any file which you have which works would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
OK

This setup file definitely worked for me. It is 40mb though! Already compressed by Trust so I haven't zipped it any further.

Right click on the link to download

http://www.margiottas.co.uk/setup.exe

The sequence that I used was install the driver and then reboot. If it prompts for 50hz area then you are looking good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Cheers marg, although you did have a backslash instead of a forward slash!! Had to copy the link and change it myself!!! What a hassle! :) Cheers again, i'll let you know if it works, prob not, be on here moaning again tomorrow!

Laters.

Reaction score
Thank you tons, that worked, just when i was giving up hope!! Now instead of preparing my half hour dissertation presentation tonight i can fanny about with my webcam! :)

Reaction score
tonimargiotta said:
OK

This setup file definitely worked for me. It is 40mb though! Already compressed by Trust so I haven't zipped it any further.

Right click on the link to download

http:\\www.margiottas.co.uk\setup.exe

The sequence that I used was install the driver and then reboot. If it prompts for 50hz area then you are looking good.
I have the same problem!!

Can you help me to download that file ?

thanks

lockit

Ask a Question