Web page displays differently on two computers

Brian

Can anyone tell me why the font size on a web page would appear different on
two different computers, which are configured the same?

My home computer, which is the same brand and same internet settings as my
pc at work, displays the fonts of some web sites larger than they display at
work. This causes the pages to not appear as they should. This has become
a problem as I work on my company's website from home and at work, and I am
unable to preview the page at home and have it look properly.

Any ideas?

--Brian

Feng Mao

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting!

LuckyStrike's suggestion can be a kind of solution. Also, please take a
look at
Tools (menu) -> Internet Options (menu) -> General (tab) -> Accessibility
(button). Please uncheck all options in the Properties box.

In addition, I wonder if the screen resoultion and the DPI settings are the
same on the two computers.

1. Right click Desktop
2. Choose Properties from the context menu
3. Choose Settings tab
4. You will see Screen resoution setting here
5. Click Advanced button
6. In General tab, you will see the DPI settings

I hope it helps. Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Brian" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Web page displays differently on two computers
| Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:47:05 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| Can anyone tell me why the font size on a web page would appear different
on
| two different computers, which are configured the same?
|
| My home computer, which is the same brand and same internet settings as my
| pc at work, displays the fonts of some web sites larger than they display
at
| work. This causes the pages to not appear as they should. This has
become
| a problem as I work on my company's website from home and at work, and I
am
| unable to preview the page at home and have it look properly.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| --Brian

Kyle Burns

As other replies have indicated, this is likely a matter of changing your IE
font setting. You should, however, view this difference as a good thing if
you are working on a public web site. Very often designers work very hard
to ensure that web pages look very good with a specific configuration (e.g.
"Internet Explorer 6 SP1 running on Windows XP with 1024 * 768 and 32 bit
color") only to discover that the pages are entirely unusable in other
scenarios. If this is a public site, you should be aware of what the pages
look like in different browsers and at different resolutions to ensure that
you are not publicly posting something contrary to the image that you want
people to have of your company.