A

Alonso

Hi,

I have just installed the service pack 4 for Windows 2000 professional
because it was a recommended update in the microsoft website. Now everything
seems to work fine apart from the folder properties. Everytime I do right
click on the mouse and I select Properties nothing happens. I think
something similar happened before with service pack 2 but I just want to
know if there is any workaround for this "little problem".

Cheers,
David

D

DocA

Hi Steven,

On my pc (W2Ksp3) this problem seems to occur during the time NAV is loading
services after startup (which takes an abnormally long time...about 2
minutes).

Adrian

D

DocA

Could be. For me the problem seems to occur when NAV is loading services at
startup (shown by a red cross over the icon in the taskbar). Loading NAV
services itself takes an unusually long time (approx 2 minutes) on my pc. I
thnk the right-click problem is either related directly to the fact that NAV
is loading services or is related to whatever is the root cause of NAV
taking a long time to load services. But this is all empirical. In Google,
I've seen that lots of people have the same problem, but I couldn't find a
solution. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling NAV will work?

Adrian

Reaction score
I just googled to here with: "right click - show properties doesn't work." Sorry for the stale (ancient) thread but I have to post about this (or break furniture) ..

Jesus-H-Christ. Just when you think you have seen it all Micro$oft Winblows strikes again. This time it's with a fresh install of Windows Pro Service Pack 1 the same one I have used for a few years now. Same Cd, same system, same location, screen, keyboard and thankfully I've changed underwear this morning. Anyway right-click -> Properties doesn't work for folders but it works for files. No Norton or whatever it's not the cause. It is Windblows. It is unbelievable; and I mean that in every way but good. We continue to struggle with this commercial example of the crappiest-in-the-world-stolen, other people's hard-work converted, monopolized garbage and ffs I haven't seen this in 15+ years of using computers .. what more can I say .. hm I better keep it short ..

Reaction score
Ok I really hate to say this, after all the other bull I already wrote, but when I uninstalled Fireburner there was an Event Viewer entry that said about not being able to restore a registry value because it is in use and when I booted in Safe Mode and restarted back into Winblows everything seems fine. But God really knows what's going on .. That's all Folks ;)

edit: and no, it wasn't HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Current Version/Policies or HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Current Version/Policies either .. man I REALLY hate Winblows :( When are those Linux guys gonna get it together already ..

Last edited:

Ask a Question