Vodafone Mobile Broadband

Reaction score
We've just ordered the Vodafone USB thing on the unlimited package that gives up to 7.2mb internet... Looks to be quite good :)

Admittedly, the 7.2mb HSDPA is limited in coverage at the moment but standard 3G gives nearly 2mb which is far more than adequate for general surfing and emailing. 80% of the UK is covered too, which is cool. I believe if there is no 3G coverage, you get internet via GPRS which is dial up speed... but dial up speed is better than no internet, right?

It's actually for my parents through their company, but i took at interest because it's a technology i haven't dabbled in before so i'm interested to see how it works!!

Anyone else used/got it?

P.s. Anyone want a 54 Reg Lexus IS200 2.0 V6 - i'm selling one.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not used it before, but I'd love to know how it works once you've got it!

Is there a download limit? 7.2mb seems pretty nippy to me :)

Reaction score
It's unlimited. You can get the package with a 1Gb limit for £10 a month + VAT but we opted for the £25 a month + VAT with no download limit.

If it arrives today, i'll let you know how it works :)

If not, i wont be able to for a while as i'm back off to University tomorrow morning. I'm looking foward to having a go though!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
are you sure about it being unlimited? from what i can tell the fair usage limits you to 5GB a month

All Mobile Broadband Business price plans are subject to a fair usage policy to ensure service is fast and reliable for all our customers. Mobile Broadband Business and Mobile Broadband Business Travel price plans subject to 5GB UK fair usage policy. 24-hour UK sessions subject to 500MB fair usage policy. 24-hour roaming sessions subject to 50MB fair usage policy.

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
are you sure about it being unlimited? from what i can tell the fair usage limits you to 5GB a month

Interesting.

I'll have a read. It's sold as an unlimited package. Im suprised it's 5Gb seeing as the next one down is 3Gb.

It arrived today and i spoke to Dad on the phone... he said it's quite cool. We live in the sticks and there's no 3G signal, but he said it still connected at dial up speeds via 2G which is cool!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Call me officer, punk :p

No seriously, i can't wait to have a go (oh god that makes me sound v.v sad!)

Theres nothing sad about excitement . Its when you can't feel any that life is sad .

happywave.gif

Mind you its a bit geeky .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question