Vista newsgroups??

Can anyone point me in the right direction to Vista newsgroups? I am looking
for more info on the Vista beta 2 for the public.

Ken Blake, MVP

Ryan said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction to Vista newsgroups? I am
looking for more info on the Vista beta 2 for the public.

Point your newsreader at the server news.microsoft.com. Vista newsgroups
begin with ,ivrosoft.public.vista...

Nepatsfan

(e-mail address removed),
Ryan said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction to Vista
newsgroups? I am looking for more info on the Vista beta 2
for the public.

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx

Along with that comes some advice. Do not install Windows Vista
on your main computer. Vista should only be installed on a
spare computer so that if things go wrong you don't lose
important files.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Ryan said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction to Vista newsgroups? I am
looking
for more info on the Vista beta 2 for the public.

There are also several others. They all begin with
microsoft.public.windows.vista.

In Outlook Express go to Tools | Accounts | Add (or New) | News.
Set up an account for this news server:

msnews.microsoft.com

The server is free and does not require you to logon. This news server
carries over 2200 newsgroups related to Microsoft products and keeps
messages at least 30 days.

For more detail see

R. McCarty

If you want to "Try" Vista and do not have an alternate PC to use,
then get an Imaging program & Image/Verify your existing setup.
Having the ability to roll-back to your original OS/Setup is critical.

However, Beta 2 is still not a 100% Day-to-Day operating system.
It (Vista) will have to have a minimum of 512 Megabytes of RAM.
**This is one of the few times a minimum rating is absolute.

Do not expect all of your devices/peripherals to have drivers or
drivers with full functionality. Vista is also a ACPI "ONLY" OS, so
if your PC is older or doesn't have full BIOS ACPI compliancy I
wouldn't attempt a Vista preview. The upgrade/install is a one-way
process if you replace your existing setup.

If you want to try Vista and have enough "PC Horsepower", then
you might want to download a trial of VMWorkstation (30-Day)
and then install Vista as a Virtualized OS. This can also be done
with Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 but there are some issues at this
time with installing/running in a VPC machine.

NoStop

[...]

Figures that VMWare would run Fista while MickeyMouse's own "virtual
machine" can't. How sad and pathetic MickeyMouse has become.

--
The ULTIMATE Windoze Fanboy:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2370205018226686613

View Some Common Linux Desktops ...