Vista business games

I just acquired a new HP Compaq laptop, preloaded with vista business. I
notice that there are NO windows vista games loaded.
How do I download these?
Thanks for your help.
Don W

Cal Bear '66

Control Panel > Programs and Features > "Turn Windows features on or off" link
in left hand pane > check Games checkbox.

Saucy

"games missing from vista" <games missing from
I just acquired a new HP Compaq laptop, preloaded with vista business. I
notice that there are NO windows vista games loaded.
How do I download these?
Thanks for your help.
Don W

No need. Install them off the DVD as per Cal Bear's instructions.

Saucy

Thank You! Since I'm new to Vista, is there something else I should open?
Again, Thanks for your help.
Don W

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"games missing from vista" <games missing from
I just acquired a new HP Compaq laptop, preloaded with vista business. I
notice that there are NO windows vista games loaded.
How do I download these?
Thanks for your help.
Don W

I have Vista Business and it has games. Did your company install Vista or
did Compaq?

Control Panel | Programs | Turn Windows Features on or off
Make sure Games is checked. If it isn't there then whoever installed your
Vista doesn't want you playing games on it.

Cal Bear '66

You're welcome.

You might want to check to see if the Tablet PC box is checked (will give you
the Snipping Tool), otherwise you will have to check the other options yourself
to see if there is anything else you would like to enable.

Saucy

Frank Saunders said:
"games missing from vista" <games missing from

I have Vista Business and it has games. Did your company install Vista or
did Compaq?

Control Panel | Programs | Turn Windows Features on or off
Make sure Games is checked. If it isn't there then whoever installed your
Vista doesn't want you playing games on it.

The generic version of Business installs with Games OFF, AFAIK.

Saucy

Saucy

games missing from vista said:
Vista was installed prior of receiving. There is NO disk.
Thanks again.
Don W

Don:

Is Vista prompting you for a disc when you go to install the games?

Saucy

Bruce Chambers

games said:
I just acquired a new HP Compaq laptop, preloaded with vista business. I
notice that there are NO windows vista games loaded.
How do I download these?
Thanks for your help.
Don W

Because the Vista Business edition is, as the name implies, targeted
for businesses, the games are not installed by default. You can add
them: Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows Features On or Off > Place
a check mark in Games.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: