Virus worrries

Reaction score
Just come in from work tonight, tried to open up IE to browse the net but it struggled like hell for 5 minutes (Task manager showed system idele process at 99%) then it eventually opened but all of my auto login's on every website/forum that i visit have gone, where as before all the places i visit remembered me.

Its almost like ive deleted all my cookies but i havent and im now worried ive got a virus or something, because the last week or so the computer has been slower than normal.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Marc

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Are you running an anti-virus program?

If so, which?

If not, download and install Antivir or Avast and run.

Also, if you don't have it, download and run AdAwareSE V6.01.

You'll find all of those freebie progs on Google or search this section of the forum for links, I've posted them often enough.

I don't know why you have that problem but yes, it is likely you have a nasty of some type or other infecting your computer.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Have you scanned for virus' and spyware? What anti virus and anti spyware are you using and are they up to date?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
marcanthony said:
I dont run anti virus software :(

Ive never used it :blush:

oh dear, while your'e at it you might want to get some antispyware programs

MS antispyware
spybot S&D
CCleaner
Adaware

V_R